Windham Weaponry

Joel Clouse

El Conquistador
I've been cruising the interwebs for info on the Windham (old Bushmaster) rifles. The opinions and reviews are all across the board, good to bad. I have an LE friend who says they are good to go. I've also read that some folks think they are junk, and that Colt, DD, LMT and BCM are the only way to go. Thought I'd put it up to our local guys (instead of some monger from a national type forum, posting from mom's basement) and see what is known and how they are thought of here.

This is what I am looking at:
Model: R20FSSFTSKV
Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56mm NATO

[SIZE=9pt]Type: Rifle - Semi-Automatic, Gas Impingement System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Capacity: [/SIZE]5 + 1 ( accepts all std. magazine sizes)
Receiver: M4A4 Type Flat Top Upper Receiver with Picatinny Riser Blocks

[SIZE=9pt]Bolt: Carpenter 158 Steel - MP/HP Tested[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Barrel: 20" - Precision 416R Stainless Steel - Fluted - Matte Finish[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Chamber: Compass Lake Specification with Matched Bolt[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Rifling: 1 Turn in 8" - Right Hand Twist[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Special Features: Skeleton Stock with Sling Swivel / Knurled, Vented Aluminum Free-Float Forend / Hogue [/SIZE]

34.jpg

I can pick one up for $1100 +/-. Would I be better off building something similar, or just making this one into the longer range shooter I'm after?? I want sub MOA for out to about 500 yards or so, dead some coyotes and of course, zombies.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I've shot a buddies 16 incher. It went bang every time. Don't know about sub moa, as his was the $600 special and we were blasting Tula.

I will say that with a 20" barrel and a skeleton stock that bad boy will be a bit nose heavy.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I wouldn't be scared to buy one with third past experience with bushmaster. Biggest downside with any new manufacturer is resale value cause the brand isn't well know yet.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Joel Clouse said:
Thanks guys. Digging deep here, anyone know about these guys...http://www.rguns.net/ ???

Steer clear of that group.
I would not do squat with Rguns. I had placed an order at the start of the panic for some stuff they showed in stock. Got to reading (on some forum and other places like yelp) that they don't have product and are just charging your card. I emailed them to cancel the order. About a month later, they charged mine for the full amount but would not answer emails, calls, or smoke signals. I ended up having to do a charge back about 4 months later after continually trying to get somewhere.

To say that they are shady is an understatement. Also, if you are looking at their lowers, do some research.

Latest posts