Winchester SX2 or SX3 for 3 Gun Competition

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
so since we are discussing 3 gun shottys how about winchester sx2 or a sx3?
Are you asking if you can use it or if it'd be a good choice for 3 gun?
Can you use it? yes.
Will it be good for 3gun? most likey no or it would've been mentioned already. It's gas operated so it won't be as reliable & will require lots more maint. than the inertia driven shotguns. Can you even get speed gear for them, like an extended charging handle, bolt release, oversized safety, extended tube, etc? I don't know that much about them, so maybe you can I don't know. I just know that of all of the 3gun shotgun discussions we've had, they've never come up.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
so since we are discussing 3 gun shottys how about winchester sx2 or a sx3?

I'm no FN/Winchester expert so bear with me here. The FN SLP and the SX2/3 are built on a similar if not the same platform. The SLP is the ATAS gun and the SX's are hunting or sporting guns. So there are a bunch if aftermarket go fast parts for those guns. I believe you can get away with modifying the lifter by welding it up or cutting it down. Nordic components makes mag extension tubes for them A's well. You will need to take the same maintenance and lubrication precautions that you would with any fully gas operated shotgun. If you already have a SX that's great! You should jump over to the Brian Enos forum and read up on the guns. There is always somebody over there that has been there and done that. If you haven't already bought one Id recommend that you get a used M1 instead if you are trying to save money.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I broke this out A's a separate topic. May be easier for others to find in the future that way.

Latest posts