Wilson Combat CQB - looks like a good deal

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
1600 is about top dollar for that Wilson. Its and Old model and has the aweful green frame and quite a bit of wear.. The Old wilsons rarely sell for more then 1600

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Wc makes them to last a lifetime.they have great CS and honor their warranty if needed.it is a win-win+if you decide to go this way>>>>for a reasonable fee they will restore the gun for you . you already have all the skills needed to do this yourself Zoid. but for someone like me--it is a nice service

go for it--enjoy the ride

Last edited:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
+1 for WC customer service. They don't care if you buy it from them, or used, they will take care of it. I remember I was at WC for a tour, and someone asked about the durability of a LW frame vs steel, they said just try to wear it out.

quantico

Active Fanatic
i have pistols from ed brown and les baer. i love them and think they are amazing products. i have looked at wilson combat guns and find a lot to like, but i had a less than quality experience with the wilson shop and my first colt 1911 that i bought in 1980. my gun was put in a vice with not enough protection and now has a permanent vice print on the slide. the part that makes me stay away was the lack of caring about the damage. never received any response. i don't know what you would do about the damage, the bluing still looks good after 85 thousand rounds, the gun has lots of wear. it's not high end in any way, and many family members that have been dead decades shot my colt with me. so i don't know that i would have ever wanted the gun to be polished or whatever to get rid of the vice marks, but it would have been a grown up move to make the offer or say sorry that should not have happened.

i have looked at wilson combat pistols and they look well finished and i know the parts quality is very high. they have very smooth function. i remember when they cost half or less than what they cost now. when i hear stories of how amazing the customer service is ... i just know how i was treated. your deal might be far better.

there is a pretty great statement i heard a long time ago, don't know where it came from... in time people may forget exactly what was said.. but they will never forget how you made them feel.