Why, oh why do all the long range matches....

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Have to be in Texas or Western Ok? And I am not talking about the known distance, 60 rounds at the same target matches (F/TR), nor am I dissing them. They have their place. But I want to shoot matches like this one.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T696gZXd3Xg#![/VIDEO]

And before you tell me how there isn't room to shoot a match like that around here, have you driven to Bartlesville before? Half of Osage County would work for a match like that.

dennishoddy

When we can find a contractor to finish our 300 yard range at Ponca City Ok, one of our club members has said he is going to put on matches on that range. He has shot Camp Perry for 21 out of the last 23 years in the Service Rifle division. Its just a matter of time.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
If someone in eastern Oklahoma said you can use my land for a match I am sure there would not be a problem.
Many of the shooters that have land available to put these matches on safely live out in western OK and they rotate who puts on the match month to month

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Corey said:
If someone in eastern Oklahoma said you can use my land for a match I am sure there would not be a problem.
Many of the shooters that have land available to put these matches on safely live out in western OK and they rotate who puts on the match month to month
I would love to find someone who would just let me shoot on their land occasionally who had more than 300 yards. I can get 5-600 yards on my uncles land, but that's 2.5 hours away. Happy hollow has 200 yards, and I have a friend with land that I can shoot on, but can barely get 100 yards there.....

Almost makes me wish I didn't have this obsession with long range lol. Buddy of mine get's out of the Army this fall, and I am trying to find us a place to shoot so he can teach me more. (he's a sniper team leader) I dunno.... guess I may just have to go for a drive and start knocking doors....

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
That's the reason my girls have been sitting in the safe for so long, 2 1/2-3 hours drive for a place to actually stretch thier legs even been thinking about selling off the 243 :eek: and building a pistol. Later,

Kirk

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
I found a private range, near Tulsa, that offers ranges out to 1500 yards. Not cheap, but not too bad, and where else you gonna find something similar? No matches, but at least a place to shoot.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
I was suposed to go to a long range steel shoot tomorrow and I was looking forwerd to it since it would have been my first. But the freakin snow is too damn deep so its been put off a week unsmile face would be appropriate here

boomer mooner

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm pretty sure the 600 yard range at OKC is still open. You have to go through some sort of authorization process to use it though. I haven't gone through it so I don't know what it consists of.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Kevin, do they by chance have steel set up or is it just paper targets? only place I know that has steel set up would be Badlands but that's a pretty good trip down South! Been wanting to do a little more LR shooting as it seems life is too simple these days lol Later,

Kirk

Latest posts