Why is there so few here?

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
I went over to TOOS after got booted from Addicts(for no reason). And they do SUCK. This is my new home. I'm sure it will grow when it is found by the real 1911 folks. Great Moderator & Admin. Very inexpensive to join, hope more do. Miss some of the old members though. Not the Trolls which seem to be migrating all over now.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I went over to TOOS after got booted from Addicts(for no reason). And they do SUCK. This is my new home. I'm sure it will grow when it is found by the real 1911 folks. Great Moderator & Admin. Very inexpensive to join, hope more do. Miss some of the old members though. Not the Trolls which seem to be migrating all over now.
Seriously?! You actually got booted from Addicts?? I left over a week ago and was done with the crap but never knew you got booted! We agree on so much I'm sure I would have been soon myself.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Seriously?! You actually got booted from Addicts?? I left over a week ago and was done with the crap but never knew you got booted! We agree on so much I'm sure I would have been soon myself.
Yes & I got banned from the 1911forum.com & ColtForum.com as well :rolleyes:
...............................................................................................?

Last edited:

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Nothing against Canadians. I just find it a bit odd that a Canadian company owns several gun forums in the US...especially 1911 forums. Don't you consider the 1911 to be all-American?
Just jerking your chain.....all my Dads side is Canadian. He finished high school here and volunteered, was not drafted, during the advisory years of Vietnam.

Yes, of course, the 1911 is an American icon

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a member on Addicts get his panties wadded during a deal. Since he could, he banned me from HK Pro so once he was a mod.

Im sure you got booted on Addicts simply because the mod that booted you on TOOS is also a mod on Addicts.

Sorry to see you gone from there, however, it gets worse everyday. Great to see ya here.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow HooDoo man, did not know you got the boot from Addicts. While you always stated your opinion (not a thing wrong there) in the political threads, Don't ever recall your being confrontational. I speak my mind in the political threads also.

At any rate, more of "us" are migrating over here, I always checked in here but not active or a member, a lurker they call it now, but I'm here and see more and more familiar names. It just takes a little time, Fanatics will grow.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Must've happened after I left . Got tired of the name calling BS by the keyboard commandos , that seem to be taking over , over stupid shite .

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I did write the NRA & GOA after getting banned on 3 gun forums, no one really cares what is going on right now.
I wish I could get all my PMs over at you know where if you are still there, a word to the wise get your friends e-mail addys.

I'm not going to trash Addicts many of us contributed to the great posts & information there.
Just because I can never go back again we did have a pretty great forum.

Last edited:

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know why anyone would find Canadians and 1911's strange. Someone respond as to why there is a pretty strong connection between the two so that these folks can be enlightened. There are a couple of connections the 1911 historian should know.
I'm not gonna give it away!
Quiz for the day.....

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
^^^^ of course you are correct.
I did write the NRA & GOA after getting banned on 3 gun forums, no one really cares what is going on right now.
I wish I could get all my PMs over at you know where if you are still there, a word to the wise get your friends e-mail addys.

I'm not going to trash Addicts many of us contributed to the great posts & information there.
Just because I can never go back again we did have a pretty great forum.

You got the boot also? I remember them saying nothing would change moderation-wise. But I also remember them saying there is absolute evidence of russian collusion. (different theys)

For those interested I'm in the middle of a great book "The Plot against The President" by Lee Smith

I guarantee it will make your skin crawl. It's all info we know from bits and pieces but in book format, the gallows should be a busy place

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I don't know why anyone would find Canadians and 1911's strange. Someone respond as to why there is a pretty strong connection between the two so that these folks can be enlightened. There are a couple of connections the 1911 historian should know.
I'm not gonna give it away!
Quiz for the day.....
Not a big deal. The 1911 has proliferated worldwide because it's a great design. I'm just a bit perplexed by forums, used mostly by Americans happen to be owned by Canadian companies. It's kind of like a NASCAR team being owned by the Chinese. (They probably do?) It goes back to " isn't anything American owned by Americans anymore? No offense to our northern neighbors at all.

Even GE has been purchased by the Chinese. Why do we allow this?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow, guys.... I know that TOOS is a strict, by the book, Parris Island, type of 1911 forum. Step out of line, and you're cranking pushups with a DI (i.e. Mod) screaming obscenity's at you....

The "Addicts" site isn't quite as bad, but they do a good job. Never had a problem there.

Anyway with that said, I like this Fanatics site, as it's way more laid back. It's kind of like being retired from the military.. You are now at ease and can relax and let your hair down a little bit. BUT -- you still have to show proper respect towards others and not go all crazy... you know what I mean...

Latest posts