Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
whoopi goldberg shrug GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
whoopi goldberg shrug GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Some of what she said was:
Goldberg went viral on Monday when she argued that the Holocaust "isn't about race," stunning her colleagues at the table.

"What is it about?" co-host Joy Behar asked.

"It's about man's inhumanity to man, that's what it's about," Goldberg said.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG ISSUES APOLOGY FOR HOLOCAUST COMMENTS: 'I STAND CORRECTED'

"But it's about a White supremacist going after Jews and Gypsies," guest co-host Ana Navarro said as Goldberg attempted to speak over her.

"But these are two White groups of people," Goldberg said as her colleagues disagreed.
I do not think that what she said was so terrible. She is in partial error. But Ashkenazi jews while genetically a most distinct group, are about as white as one is going to get. The ashkenazi jews were the jews of the more northern parts of europe and into the balkans. The skin is mostly very light and features are Caucasoid. I would call them whites. Gypsies are different in that they came from northern india. The closer to india, the browner their skin.

I certainly do not strongly disagree with:

"It's about man's inhumanity to man, that's what it's about," Goldberg said.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Some of what she said was:

I do not think that what she said was so terrible. She is in partial error. But Ashkenazi jews while genetically a most distinct group, are about as white as one is going to get. The ashkenazi jews were the jews of the more northern parts of europe and into the balkans. The skin is mostly very light and features are Caucasoid. I would call them whites. Gypsies are different in that they came from northern india. The closer to india, the browner their skin.

I certainly do not strongly disagree with:
With all due respect, you and Whoopi-the-jackass are wrong. Hitler's goal in the Jewish Holocaust was to wipe out the Jews. Jewish people are a race regardless of skin tone. Skin tone can and does vary considerably among all races depending upon the climate.

The fact that Jews were specifically targeted for extinction makes the Holocaust a racial endeavor.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
With all due respect, you and Whoopi-the-jackass are wrong. Hitler's goal in the Jewish Holocaust was to wipe out the Jews. Jewish people are a race regardless of skin tone. Skin tone can and does vary considerably among all races depending upon the climate.

The fact that Jews were specifically targeted for extinction makes the Holocaust a racial endeavor.
I did not say that Hitlers was not trying to wipe out the jews. But it is mostly Ashkenazi jews that he killed and they were so similar to other europeans he had to put a yellow star on them for identification. I said that Ashkenazi are a genetically distinct group. I also said they are white.
Please where did I err. I think we are arguing apples vs oranges here.
Jewish groups are united by creed more than race, that is belief often with the sharing of some semetic Y Chromosomes. Do you know what an Ashkenazi Jew is? The Separdic jews are another jewish group that are darker as one sees in some parts of Spain and also into north Africa. The Ethiopean jews are even darker would not be described as white. But they are still jews. Many Arabs and also Palestinian Arabs have jewish ancesters and most were forced to become muslims by the Otterman turks. The jewish roots of these people is an issue in the middle east for both jews and muslims.
Fact is many claim that the Saudi Royal Family has Jewish roots and these ancestors may even have fought Muhammad. Remember Muhammad did fight some Jewish tribes/clans.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic

An article on the different groups of jews.

5 surprising differences between Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews

https://jewishunpacked.com/5-surprising-differences-between-ashkenazi-and-sephardic-jews/

1686798085528.png

dennishoddy

The concept of wiping out a religion called Jewish, no matter the ethnicity or color of that religion is called Genocide which is certainly an example of Man's inhumanity to man.

I'm not aware of the Nazi's sparing one particular secular portion of the Jewish faith over another?
Letting one survive in the motherland or the occupied countries like Poland while eliminating another secular group?
I'm pretty up on my WWII history but always willing to learn more if I'm missing something?

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
The concept of wiping out a religion called Jewish, no matter the ethnicity or color of that religion is called Genocide which is certainly an example of Man's inhumanity to man.

I'm not aware of the Nazi's sparing one particular secular portion of the Jewish faith over another?
Letting one survive in the motherland or the occupied countries like Poland while eliminating another secular group?
I'm pretty up on my WWII history but always willing to learn more if I'm missing something?
The Nazis killed any Jews that they could in most cases with most being Ashkenazi since that is what they had the most access to. In north Africa and Italy there were and still are Jews of Sephardic origins and I am quite positive that some of Italian jews got shipped to the camps.

Wiki
Francoist Spain remained officially neutral during World War II but maintained close political and economic ties to Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy throughout the period of the Holocaust. Before the war, Francisco Franco had taken power in Spain at the head of a coalition of fascist, monarchist, and conservative political factions in the Spanish Civil War (1936–1939) with the aid of German and Italian military support. He was personally sympathetic to aspects of Nazi ideology including its anti-communism and anti-Semitism. It appeared possible that Spain might enter into an alliance with the Axis powers in 1940 and 1941. In this period, Franco's regime compiled a register of Jews resident in Spain and added Jewish identity to its official identity documents. Other pre-existing anti-Jewish measures remained in force.

The regime failed to protect the vast majority of Spanish Sephardic Jews living in German-occupied Europe. It permitted 20,000 to 35,000 Jews to travel through Spanish territory on transit visas from France. In the post-war years, the Franco regime cultivated the idea that it had acted to protect Jews across Europe as a means to improve diplomatic relations with the former Allied powers.

Latest posts