Who runs a Stoeger M3500 or run a 28" barrel

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
So there's a guy that wants to sell a 3500 NIB for $500. Problem is it's a 28" barrel. I'm not sure if I want to pick this up or not. I run a JM Pro 930. She's been good to me but reaching close to 2k rounds and I'm scared that I may shoot all the goodness out of it. Just want to know personal experience with the 3500 and anyone who runs a 28" barrel

Robaire Pullicar SR

Well-Known Fanatic
I run an M3500 a 28" and a Briley Extension. It shoots Rem 7.5's 1300fps no problem but I grabbed a box of Win same spec and the M3500 turned into a bolt action. I'm a little hesitant to start cutting coils, so I may just stock up on what works. It doesnt like RIO either, the extension and extra shell capacity weighs it down.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay I was interested in it bc of that buffer thingy the 3500 has. I know when I used my friends 26 " versamax there was a hefty weight difference on my 24" pro

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
cajunautoxer said:
Okay I was interested in it bc of that buffer thingy the 3500 has. I know when I used my friends 26 " versamax there was a hefty weight difference on my 24" pro
The recoil reduction buffer thing just helps with knocking down recoil on those 3" turkey loads. It will shut down the gun when running light target loads like we use in 3-gun.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought about picking up a 3500 at my local Academy but decided against it. Not really turkey hunter and I personally don't think I will ever shoot 3.5 in shells.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
cajunautoxer said:
I passed and now may sell my S12 and buy a 1301 and do your Ozark match Jesse
I can't say much about a 1301 other than I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about one. Shooting the Gen III Gun match is a wise choice.

Latest posts