Who offers the best pricing for ammo?

chgofirefighter

Active Fanatic
Wondering who offers the best pricing for ammo in bulk such as 1k and up? I normally visit gun-deals.com to check out ammo pricing. However, some of these sellers sell Russian ammo with steel casing and I prefer brass. Some of the Russian ammo comes coated with polymer etc I need to buy ammo in bulk for competitive shooting in .223 and 9mm and shotgun. Looking for guidance/recommendations

Thanks in advance~

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
chgofirefighter said:
Wondering who offers the best pricing for ammo in bulk such as 1k and up? I normally visit gun-deals.com to check out ammo pricing. However, some of these sellers sell Russian ammo with steel casing and I prefer brass. Some of the Russian ammo comes coated with polymer etc I need to buy ammo in bulk for competitive shooting in .223 and 9mm and shotgun. Looking for guidance/recommendations

Thanks in advance~
http://www.sgammo.com/

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll give another nod to sgammo. They've always had good prices and quick shipping. Shop around, there are some pretty good deals out there right now.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
It's okay. We have shot quite a bit of it as well with no major problems, but I have seen some other people not be so lucky.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
I usually buy bulk wolf gold 55gr from sgammo or sportsman guide or where ever is the cheapest. I use stand 1 armory 9mm chubbies for pistol ammo and they also make good rifle ammo. Stand 1 sponsors several matches as well which I always try and keep that in mind when buying anything

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Freedom has always gone bang for me, but Seeklander didn't make power factor at one of the matches with it

yury

Well-Known Fanatic
Tyler Branstetter said:
Some people hate on Freedom Munitions but I've personally never had a problem with any of their reman Ammo.
I made this mistake one. I think, it is a combination of fully loaded 19rd mag (XDM 9) and reman ammo from Freedom. Maybe it's different form of luger cases in tight space do that. People around recommended to replace spring, but not fully loading mag and/or not using reman Freedom fixed the issue. Practicing, I never loaded mag to the limit and it the one of matches I paid the price -- clearing type 2 and type 3 malfunction after each mag change is not fun. (Lesson: always practice with the same ammo and load mag as you will at match)

Delivery price is a *****: $20 per 1000ct box?? Sometimes I wonder if deals at local Cabela's is better for 50ct carton, even with tax.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
yury said:
I made this mistake one. I think, it is a combination of fully loaded 19rd mag (XDM 9) and reman ammo from Freedom. Maybe it's different form of luger cases in tight space do that. People around recommended to replace spring, but not fully loading mag and/or not using reman Freedom fixed the issue. Practicing, I never loaded mag to the limit and it the one of matches I paid the price -- clearing type 2 and type 3 malfunction after each mag change is not fun. (Lesson: always practice with the same ammo and load mag as you will at match)

Delivery price is a *****: $20 per 1000ct box?? Sometimes I wonder if deals at local Cabela's is better for 50ct carton, even with tax.
I haven't had any malfunctions with Freedom Ammo yet. I shoot an M&P and 9mm AR though. Also, they have free shipping if you spend enough. I think it's usually $99+ which is a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yury

Well-Known Fanatic
In addition to the mentioned above web sites, I'm trying to see if ammunitionstore.com or local stores carry good deals for known brands (cci, speer, federal).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

chgofirefighter

Active Fanatic
Thanks brothers, I found a few places.... The ammo market, Octane Munitions, Extreme Munitions, Ammo Valley but I will look into Stand 1 Armory, sgammo, sportsman guide, and others to see what's best out there. This sport is not cheap!

dennishoddy

chgofirefighter said:
Thanks brothers, I found a few places.... The ammo market, Octane Munitions, Extreme Munitions, Ammo Valley but I will look into Stand 1 Armory, sgammo, sportsman guide, and others to see what's best out there. This sport is not cheap!
I think you might find your way into reloading if you keep up in the sport. That's how most of us keep the costs more manageable.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree with Dennis. Reloading makes the shooting sports much more affordable. I took a 2 year break from shooting and when I started back up it was amazing how much I spent going to Academy, Walmart, Cabela's, Bass Pro, or somewhere of the like trying to hunt cheap ammo for a 200 round a weekend habit. I used Freedom Munitions about half of the time but, I never kept track of how much I had on hand so the shipping time hosed me regularly. When I started shooting again this year the first thing I did was buy a 9mm pistol. First off, factory ammo from any big box store was cheaper than any .40 S&W I could buy from Freedom. Secondly if I shot Limited I could get 23 rounds in a pistol that had absolutely no recoil. Even with this being so much more cost effective it was still somewhat spendy. I have reloading equipment out the ass but nothing progressive, it is all for my rifles and small batches of pistol like .45 LC, .44 Magnum etc. So after a few beers and a bit of research I bought a Dillon Square Deal for 9mm. I can run 450-500 rounds an hour if i keep my fingers out of the damn way and keep my primer tubes loaded. I refuse to load .223 because it is labor intensive. I just bite the bullet and buy a case of PMC Bronze when needed. It doesn't have swaged primer pockets so if you have a buddy that reloads he'll thank you for it. For pistol ammunition I highly recommend reloading. There is a large amount of money to be saved reloading your rifle rounds too but that's where I draw the line. I haven't shot 3-Gun in about 4 years, so my AR doesn't eat as much as it used to. I shoot sporting clays about 2-3 times per month which is between 50-125 rounds. I just buy whatever is cheap and check poa/poi. My little Square Deal B has already broken even this year, I have about 8k rounds left and don't anticipate reloading for the rest of the year and the early part of next year. Right now I'm at about $.12 per round with 9mm. I'm going in with a buddy on a .40 setup and were projecting .17 per round with that. I know Freedom offers .40 at $.22 per round regularly but, I have heard that they're not consistent also, I don't have to pay hazmat shipping from my press to my rangebag. It should break even and start saving money early next year if we have done out math right.

Operator_1

Active Fanatic
Recently purchased some match grade AR rounds after poor long distance performance from the cheapies, target sports usa had the best deal on the good stuff I found.

Latest posts