Who has a Laser?

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you have a laser on your carry or home defense gun? If so, what model of laser and on what gun?

dennishoddy

I have a crimson Trace laser on the Keltec P3AT. Works great in low light. I'm never without that in my pocket, unless its a school, etc.
Summer time with cargo shorts, and tshirts make it hard to conceal anything bigger.
Winter time, its on with the Kahr .40. I need to get lasers for them too. I keep one in each vehicle, in identical holsters.

I've heard the green lasers are good to go in the daylight. My original thoughts were that you have sights to use in daylight, but putting more thought into it, one could use it for non-aimed shots as well.

Do you have any favorite green lasers?

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
I should get my Crimson Trace for my S & W 642 tomorrow. I carry either my smith or my Glock 19 depending on clothing. I do not have a laser on the Glock.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I have a lasermax guide rod on my SIG P229 SCT that I keep in my bedside safe. I only got it because it doesn't affect the size, shape, or anything of the gun. My dad has a crimson trace on his 1911. They don't change much about the external features of the gun either. They are good for trigger control drills and obviously for non-standard shooting positions.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Only one I have is a crimson trace on my ruger lcp. gives me a little more confidence with that gun since it so small and virtually has no sights.

AirMech74

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a set of Crimson Trace for my Micro Compact 1911...I just got the setup so I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I had to send the grips back to CT for repair, but am waiting for the UPS truck to drop them off later this week.

BigK674

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got the Crimson Trace Laser Guard for my XD40 but have not shot with it yet.

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
My Kimber has the "Kimber" Crimson trace grips and I installed the Crimson trace grips on the snubby .38 I find the ones on the .38 super easy. No on/off switch, just the activation button and it is real accurate from the hip.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Do any of you guys find the laser slowing you down? I thought about getting one for my GP but one of my buddies swore up and down that trin to find where the laser was pointing was much slower than just getting up the front sight into view.

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
Do any of you guys find the laser slowing you down? I thought about getting one for my GP but one of my buddies swore up and down that trin to find where the laser was pointing was much slower than just getting up the front sight into view.

If I am using both the sights and the laser it slows me down. I have a sight picture but I see the laser moving around and try to steady it. If I just put the dot on target, say from the hip or partially raised I'm spot on. Once I get the fire arm up and establish a sight picture I "try" to ignore the laser if thats possible.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy

I had the same question. It seems that they have a definite role in certain situations. I would be interested in hearing from some of our other resident experts on the topic of lasers. Troy? You always have an opinion.
laugh.gif

They are good for trigger control drills and obviously for non-standard shooting positions.

If I am using both the sights and the laser it slows me down. I have a sight picture but I see the laser moving around and try to steady it. If I just put the dot on target, say from the hip or partially raised I'm spot on. Once I get the fire arm up and establish a sight picture I "try" to ignore the laser if thats possible.

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
I would to go to the front site when possible. If you are in close at default position one the laser gives you a point of impact. It also gives you the ability to fire from other positions where a traditional site picture is not available.

I have a Crimson Trace on my Smith 642 simply because it is a "Get off me Gun"! I would hesitate to get into a shootout with it. Mainly because it only has five rounds.

I will upload a video in just a bit. The video is the three default positions with TroyF.

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
my sharks have friken lazers on their heads. sorry, had to interject a little austin powers humor.

but no, i dont have a laser on any of my guns.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
I will bring my Crimson Trace equipped P229 to the next Heartland match and anyone who wants to shoot it is welcome. (Bring your own 40 ammo)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
No laser for me. I just put on my hard hat with the strobe light on top so the bad guy knows exactly were I am right away. The laser isn't A's big and he might get confused.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Got a CT on both my snubby and pm9, both are quicker than searching for the front sight if you just trust the dot. They are not very visible in bright sunlight but most people I would need to shoot don't venture out til the sun goes down

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered one for my LC9. It still hasn't been released from Crimson Trace, but is supposed to be out soon. The LC9 has decent sights, brilliant sights for a gun that size, so I'm kinda afraid of the laser making me "front sight lazy". I'm debating getting the guide rod type for my nightstand gun.

Either way, if I hate it I'm sure I can get most of my money back re-selling it.

Latest posts