Who carries Full size?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I carry a full-size M&P40 in a crossbreed holster. All of my roommates carry compacts or subcompacts. (we're all legal CCW permit holders in the state of OK)

I'm 5'9" 145# (dripping wet after I've ate a bunch of bbq ribs) with a 29" waist. Ya.. but I can conceal my m&p40 with shorts/jeans and a tshirt. Of coarse I feel better if its tucked in but it doesn't have to be. I just have to be mindful that my shirt doesn't ride up and come up over my grip.

But i've wore most everywhere I'm allowed to ad not once has anybody looked twice or even given me the notion that they knew anything.

Just wondering.

Dubs Chops

Well-Known Fanatic
I tried it with a Dan wesson CCB I couldn't get use to it though. I am about to get a G26 to carry I believe and try it out.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I just had to realize that not everybody is out there expecting the next person to have a gun on them. Most of the general public aren't that aware, or smart. I just have to make sure I'm not printing or my shirt isn't up over it. Getting used to the weight was/is a hinderance but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
When I go to class, I feel very vulnerable.

I gave a CCW persuasive speech in my speech class and had an empty CCW holster the whole time. At the end of the speech I showed everyone and asked if they even knew I had it. Of coarse they didn't.

Got an A on that speech. I was worried because the prof was a full blown libtard but said I made good points. ;)

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I don't have my CCW yet - but I have a CZ75D PCR - compact - that I plan on carrying - it currently is next to my bed but will def carry after I get my CCW...

Spiff

Semi-Pro
What do you carry it in? I've been thinking about getting an M&P for comp and carry, but I can't conceal a full size 1911 under a t-shirt. At least not without wearing a tent.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Hey Austin!! Good to see ya here!

I carry it in a Crossbreed SuperTuck.

I carried it in a Raven Concealment Holster from themalabarfront.com but the kydex was pretty uncomfortable IWB.

The crossbreed is perfect for me.It does kinda want to spin around to my back but its really not a big deal, I just adjust whenever it starts to bother me.

[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=31.msg129#msg129 date=1284743575]
When I go to class, I feel very vulnerable.

I gave a CCW persuasive speech in my speech class and had an empty CCW holster the whole time. At the end of the speech I showed everyone and asked if they even knew I had it. Of coarse they didn't.

Got an A on that speech. I was worried because the prof was a full blown libtard but said I made good points. 8)
[/quote]

I gave a 2nd amendment talk when I first went to college; good for you!

Wyatt

New Fanatic
I will carry full size on occasion, but rarely. To many small guns that fit the bill, and the weight (of the gun, but yeah the gut too) will catch up to ya as you get nearer 40...

ExSniper

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry a full-size 1911 in a Milt Sparks SSII for concealed carry and either that or a Glock 21 on duty.

Tom Givens

Fanatic
I wear a Glock 35 IWB every day, fully concealed. It's more about holster selection than gun size, within reason.

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
Carrying a full size gun concealed is really easy.. Its about holster selection and body placement.
I normally carry a G35 but I've grown very fond of my new 4th gen G22 so I've been running it, But I use the G35 holster as it puts the pressure point lower and is Lots more comfortable to carry.. Agin holster selection has as much to do with the holster as which gun it fits. For me a G23 was a pain but a G35 is a pice of cake, this is all with IWB holsters and I prefer Kydex.

okcowboy

Fanatic
6'0" 175lbs
EDC, full size XD .45 ACP Service IWB in a K&D Thunderbird Defender @ 3:00 (very comfortable)
Occasionally full size M&P 9mm IWB in a Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder @ 3:10 (decently comfortable)

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't have a full size gun, unless you consider a 4" N frame full size. And I have carried that with either a suit or heavy winter coat. Mostly G19 for me.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Does a G-21 in a Don Hume pancake count? :)

Actually I carry my G-19 IWB more often, but the 21 stuffed with 230gr Gold Dots feels comforting when heavy winter clothing is the norm.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm 6' tall, medium build and about 220 pounds. I carry a Glock 23 in a crossbreed supertuck. I hide it very well, most wouldn't believe me even if I did tell them I was carrying.

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I carry a Glock 22 everyday, it sits at 3:00 in a OWB Blackhawk Serpa holster. I wear long shirts and it stays concealed. I have never had my shirt ride up and uncover it

BravoOne

Founding Member
I've carried a Glock 17 & currently carry a Full Size M&P 9 currently... I use a Comp-Tac MTAC & it's hands down the best holster EVER...

I can conceal the FS well and no one's any the wiser...

Latest posts