which optic for my sbr build

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
which would you get?

Burris Fastfire or Vortex Sparc

I know there are better optics, but these are in my price range($250 and under) for this build. Also open to other options that are in this price range.

Alphagunner

Well-Known Fanatic
I have owned and used both optics and I think they were both okay but not great. I would go with a Primary arms micro dot, the CS is second to none and they are cheaper then both of the options you mentioned but far better IMHO. You can read some reviews on ARFCOM.

dustingaunder

Well-Known Fanatic
This. http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=1116&categoryId=398

I have one and it rules. (for under $200)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
which would you get?

Burris Fastfire or Vortex Sparc

I know there are better optics, but these are in my price range($250 and under) for this build. Also open to other options that are in this price range.

There is a used Eotech 512 in the classifieds for $300. Little out of the price range but probably worth it.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got an Eotech 516 on another AR. Looking for something small and lightweight.

jcranfield

Well-Known Fanatic
This. http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=1116&categoryId=398

I have one and it rules. (for under $200)

What Dustin said!
I had a chance a week ago to look at his Primary Arms clone and it was sweet. It might not last as long but compared to my T-1 its basically the same.

jtischauser

What Dustin said!
I had a chance a week ago to look at his Primary Arms clone and it was sweet. It might not last as long but compared to my T-1 its basically the same.

You guys may have just talked me into getting one of these. Do you need the riser?

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
With 3 recommendations in this short of time, I'll be giving it a shot. I was wondering about the riser too. My Eotech seems a bit tall with the cheekweld that is the most comfortable for me. I'd like something that would be as tall as a buis

jtischauser

I need a cheap reliable optic for the Nordic 22 build I'm doing for my nephews. I think without the riser or QD mount it should be just thesaurus height for a 8 & 9 year old.

Is the primary arms site above the best place to buy?

Alphagunner

Well-Known Fanatic
I would get the riser if mounting on an AR, I used a Larue absolute co on mine. I think Primary Arms is the only place to buy unless you find a used one like I did for my first one.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I need a cheap reliable optic for the Nordic 22 build I'm doing for my nephews. I think without the riser or QD mount it should be just thesaurus height for a 8 & 9 year old.

Is the primary arms site above the best place to buy?
Jesse, I've got a Bushnell version of the T1 that you can try out when your upper comes in. Then you can know if you like it before you buy it.

I think you should teach them to use the Irons before they get spoiled with the dot.

jtischauser

Jesse, I've got a Bushnell version of the T1 that you can try out when your upper comes in. Then you can know if you like it before you buy it.

I think you should teach them to use the Irons before they get spoiled with the dot.

Sorry for turning this into my build thread. I thought about the iron thing but them I gotta get the full length rail and sights and I don't want to waste the time. They can just be Open guys like Crotsley.

chas

Fanatic
I think I'm going to try the Primary Arms with the riser. I broke my old Aimpoint comp M yesterday and don't want to spring for a new Aimpoint, this seems like a decent alterative for the price.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the PM Micro on a new AR pistol. It is the newest generation PA and works great for my needs. It's not an Aimpoint, but great for what it is.

Latest posts