which gopro camera should I get?

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
There are 4 or 5 gopro video cameras, looks like the 3+ is a good one. Who uses one of these?

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the Hero 3+ and it's good, but the fisheye lens causes a loss of fine detail in the video. This may very well be my failure to adjust the camera settings, but I have tried changing it with no results. If I had it to do again, I would probably shop around a bit to find a camera that offers more adjustment and more detail, but it works just fine for my purpose which is to act as a coaching tool so I can evaluate my performance. do like the variety of mounting options and would like to try the chest harness. Right now I use either the elastic head mount or the ball cap mount clipped to the top of my ear muff band, depending on how much movement is required on a stage.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Also the Gopro Hero is a good option. It is the entry level camera they released this year at about a 1/3 the cost of the 3+ and 4. I doesn't have the blue tooth and wireless like the higher end models but still takes full 1080p video and will inter face with their myriad mounts out there. We got one for my brother in law for Christmas this year. So don't rule it out as an option.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I have the Hero 3 Black. I think getting some good aftermarket editing software is going to provide much more value than any extra features the premium models have. The GoPro software is limited to working with footage only from GoPro cameras.

The wireless feature is very nice because you can make adjustments in real time instead of doing some filming, uploading, viewing, adjusting, recording, uploading, viewing ad nauseum until the angle is perfect. Instead you view the cameras image from your iPhone or iPad.

Latest posts