Where's all the powder

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
You've done well. I just in the last couple of weeks found powder that I actually need. Been looking for over a year.

frayluisfan

Fanatic
My best pal loves to rub my nose in his manly stash. I told him a few weeks ago that I had scored some primers...His reply: Gosh...i'd love to buy some primers too. I'm down to only about 60,000. Rotten cuss... :). So I understand about stash envy.

'stache or stash? cause it looks like stuffs been stashed there under that 'stache.

You know , if you squint your eyes and turn your head sideways, that kinda looks like a golfball stuck in a blowhole

Unionman

Active Fanatic
I picked a hell of a time to get into shooting and reloading!!!!!!!!! Last year I couldn't get ammo...So,I started reloading and now I can't get powder!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!! I just wanna make bullets and send em down range!

Kick ass history lesson tho guys! I know more about Austalia than I ever thought I would!

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Found a 4# jug of Titegroup at the LGS today! Woohoo! He had some 1# cans and 1# cans of Autocomp, as well as an 8# jug of Autocomp! 8# would last me forever, so I left it for another lucky guy.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Not that I "need" powder but since I am trying to get back into shooting I want some powder. So today I picked up a lb of 3031. For you ill informed it is like unique of rifle powders in its versatility. I have BlC2 and 4064 but I have put a lot of 3031 down the bbl in my youth and there is nothing wrong with it for most rifle calibers. If you are looking for fast pistol powders then AA2 / Bullseye / Clays / Titegroup / WST / VV320 (310 even faster) and Solo 1000 or 1250 can not recall and never used them are in the same ballpark. for Med pistol Unique / WSF / AA5 are good choices. .223/5.56 Again 3031 / BlC2 / Vargant / H335 / W748 plus a few more.

Just because you are a newer reloader don't think the best sounding press release is the only powder you can use or the one suggested by whomever. When times get hard get what you can. I'll be picking up at least anther lb or two of 3031 next weekend if it is still in stock just in case. Now primers me likes my fav brand for auto pistols and I try not to use anything else and just picked up as well 7000 primers (5000 sm pistol / 1g of sm rifle and 1g of Lg rifle). I am going to pick up more next weekend if they restock.

Now go forth and find some powder. :senile:

prwillard2

New Fanatic
Powder Valley updates their powder supply on Facebook. Follow them and hope you're lucky. Or get in good with your LGS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Latest posts