where to find bulk .223 in upstate

qwikshot

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm looking for good American brass .223 ammo
No steel cased or forien stuff.
Every where I go they are sold out.

If I drive down to Sportsmans warehouse will they have it?

HOLY DIVER

Well-Known Fanatic
qwikshot said:
I'm looking for good American brass .223 ammo
No steel cased or forien stuff.
Every where I go they are sold out.

If I drive down to Sportsmans warehouse will they have it?
Acadamy in Spartanburg has mil surplus m855 in bulk

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Ace Hardware in Woodruff has the 420 rd cans of Federal XM855 for $159 I think. Let your fingers do the walking (call 1st), and ask for Tom.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Academy has American Eagle black box 223 FMJ for $6.99/20. Anyone found a better price at a brick-and-mortar store in the upstate?

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine is going for 389.99 per 1000 and you get an MTM ammo can with it. Plus all PSF members get the 10% off. That is roughly 350. If I can help, let me know. It is in short supply, and getting harder to get.

J
P-1

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
P-1 said:
Mine is going for 389.99 per 1000 and you get an MTM ammo can with it. Plus all PSF members get the 10% off. That is roughly 350. If I can help, let me know. It is in short supply, and getting harder to get.
That's about as good as it get, plus it's supporting a member and the SC economy! What kind of ammo: brass NC FMJ reloadable 5.56? And what's that ammonia smell I get from some of the imports?

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff at P-1's ammo is brass reloadable FMJ. I shoot it and it is great..I also shoot his pistol ammo. My Kimbers love his .45 230 grain ball ammo for killing paper...

Also, remember...he gives forum members a discount on shipping...

Steve

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
I third (or fourth?) P-1, Jeff's a decent guy and I always look forward to handing over most of a paycheck to him at the gun shows. I would suggest that if you can wait he will probably be at the next gun show in your area and might be willing to tote your order up with him to save you shipping.

Enjay

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks guys for the comments. The 223 brass is reloadable and most is lake city brass. I will be in Asheville this upcoming weekend and may be in Greenville sun night. I have to go to Atlanta to pick up some brass if it is ready.

The ammonia you may be smelling should be the sulfur in the powder. If it is overbearing, it may be coming from the cheap Russian crap. :). Mostly found in steel cased ammo.

Whether you shoot mine or another manufacturers, try to shoot brass in the ARs.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
I always shoot brass, never steel. I smelled it from Sellier and Bellot (sp?) 5.56 55 gr FMJ in green and yellow boxes. What does your ammo smell like :)

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
I shoot Jeff's ammo, as well. I use pistol calibers (.380, 9mm, 38 Spec., 40S&W and 45acp) and recommend his ammo without reservation.

Dave

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
It smells like good ole American gun powder. The only stuff that could be found in the USA.

If your skeptical, try it out in a small quantity. It is very accurate.

And thanks Dave, you have always been a great supporter. And I appreciate that.

J

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
in the upstate you have all probably seen Mr. Kitsos at the gun shows. i used to trade bullets i melted for new ones. he is a good guy.
http://www.appollobulletcorporation.com/price_list.html

PMC brass case 223 for $350.00 a case.

he is close to hwy 25 and 183 intersection, i think.
Thats who sold me the stinky S&B. The smell is my only complaint. Got a great price.

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes. We go to the shows there. This last Florence show we were out of town before it was scheduled.

Latest posts