Where to find a good deal...

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
My 11 yr. old son is wanting to save up for a bolt action rifle. (key word is "11 yr old" and "save up" so unless you're willing to wait a while don't post your "sweet deal" here - you're better off selling it somewhere else...jus' sayin'...)

That being said, what are your reccomendations on where to look for a decent deal on a good used (or new) bolt action. We're trying to shoot for a max of $250? I'm open to anything - Pawn shops, online auctions, gun stores, labor camp "going out of business" sales...whatever.

Any help would be appreciated!

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Watch the classifieds on the firearm forums, GunBroker, BudsGunShop.com, and Academy around hunting season. You can get pretty good buys on some of the Savage bolt actions at Academy during the fall/winter months.

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
I would recommend watching sooner state pawn and buds gun shop. However, I did notice that someone posted a remington 597 on "the other site" for $100. Not a bad deal imo. This is just my two pennies so take it for what its worth but give him your .22, preferably the one you taught him to shoot with. I have quite a few .22s but the ones that mean most to me are the ones i inherited.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Crickett 22 single shot, bolt action looks very affordable. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/211

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
I've heard good things about the Stevens 200. I think they can be had new for around the 300 mark.

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for all the good info, Gentlemen! If my son actually does this and gets his money saved up then we'll now have lots of places to shop!

Latest posts