Where to Buy

WaddellAZ

Fanatic
I'm searching for an online gun sales site that has the best pricing? I'm looking to buy a Rock Island Armory GI Std MS (MidSize) .45acp (4 1/4" barrel) Any suggestions? I have bought through Cheaper Than Dirt in the past and Bud's Gun Shop but thought there might be some other sites with low prices and decent reputation. Thanks for any help.

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the forum from Dallas!

Buds is good; also their competitor: Kentucky Gun Company. Tombstone Tactical has decent pricing pretty often. I don't know that there's one single place to turn to; any given retailer can put things "on sale" at any time. The Davidson wholesale website can be used to access their retailers who will show you their pricing also.

There's a couple of smart phone apps that can be helpful in researching pricing: WikiArms App and Gun.Deals App.

And my old standby favorite way of shopping online: get the UPC code from KyGunCo or Buds (you may have to actually put the exact model you want into a 'Shopping Cart' before they'll show you the UPC) - but it's the UPC number you need. Then Google UPC xxxxxxxxx (try it with & without using the "Shopping" tab). That should point you to a good beginning point on pricing for the exact model you want (assuming you're using the correct UPC number). Good luck! [emoji389]

Last edited:

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
From the WikiArms App (new condition from Guns Midwest - I'm not familiar with that retailer but the app lists several other retailers in the same price range):
8ca4c7dacad84186a635274d64d31357.jpg
Barrel length: 4.25 and their web page says they're listed as a "Trusted Dealer" by Gun Broker, Gun.Deals and WikiArms.
08e51f04e74d5260ac3aab177152373e.jpg

Last edited:

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Look at Cajun Concealed and Wide Open Armory too. I just had two good experiences.

fflincher

Active Fanatic
I've been routinely checking Palmeto State Armory for 2-3 years now, along with J&G Sales.
I've bought from both of 'em. Honest, reliable, quick to service and ship. Good customer service.

I live in Texas and haven't paid Texas State tax on any of their stuff, sometimes offered with free shipping. I haven't bought anything fancy from them, just the things they buy in bulk and sell quick and cheap.

Most same nice things can be said about CDNN Investments, but Texas does get a premium from me for the ability to buy from them.

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
I have used GunBroker for the past 3-4 years and have bought about half dozen guns and several cases of ammo. I've never had any problems w/ GunBroker or the items I have purchased from them. It's an auction site, so sometimes you can catch something at a great price, something you didn't even know you needed.

Be careful buying from an individual you found on-line, or a single entity store. When looking for my 2nd gun I found one on-line from a small gun shop in NC. The price seemed fair, and I took the time to checkout the gun shop itself just to make sure. The seller (a small shop) requested a bank or Postal money order, which didn't alarm me since they were a small shop and preferred to deal in cash or money order only. Two weeks later the gun hadn't shipped so I contacted the seller. After another week of calls and emails, they contacted me and asked for another $50 since it was such a large caliber, but the $50 would be reimbursed when I picked up the gun at my FFL. Now I knew I had problems...

To make a long story short, the seller had gotten an email address 1 letter different than the gun shop, and when communicating w/ them I didn't notice the seller had a different email address than the shop's website. Luckily I had purchased the Postal money order using my Amex card, so since this was an internet scam, Amex reimbursed me in full! Two weeks later I bought my Desert Eagle from a local dealer, and since then I have purchased over a dozen guns from them.

CHarley

New Fanatic
I like grabagun lately. No credit card fees, $7.98 shipping, great prices.

RobtJr60

New Fanatic
Welcome to the forum from Dallas!

Buds is good; also their competitor: Kentucky Gun Company. Tombstone Tactical has decent pricing pretty often. I don't know that there's one single place to turn to; any given retailer can put things "on sale" at any time. The Davidson wholesale website can be used to access their retailers who will show you their pricing also.

There's a couple of smart phone apps that can be helpful in researching pricing: WikiArms App and Gun.Deals App.

And my old standby favorite way of shopping online: get the UPC code from KyGunCo or Buds (you may have to actually put the exact model you want into a 'Shopping Cart' before they'll show you the UPC) - but it's the UPC number you need. Then Google UPC xxxxxxxxx (try it with & without using the "Shopping" tab). That should point you to a good beginning point on pricing for the exact model you want (assuming you're using the correct UPC number). Good luck! [emoji389]
I have also found that using Google and the UPC code gets the best results.

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm a Big fan of Buds! Free shipping, and no sales tax (as long as you don't live in Kentucky). Hard to beat their prices. Best of luck, and welcome to the forum!

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Same here... I have to give a "thumbs up" for Bud's Gun Shop too! Fantastic prices, wicked fast shipping straight to your FFL dealer in your town. No problems, no issues, no hassles at all. :D