where [not] to carry your wallet....

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I wanted to make this comment in the preceding thread, but thought it was not in line, and would be lost in the chatter.

For orthopedic reasons, one should not carry their wallet in their back pocket. When you sit on the wallet, it puts undue strain on your lower back. I have plates and screws in my back as a testimony. Most horrendous thing I every experienced was the lumbar fusion.

Besides, the back pocket is too easy for pick-pockets.

Personally, I carry a money clip in front pocket.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
My wallet has cards, about 5 different ID cards, and a badge in it. It is really difficult to fit it in my front pocket.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Agreed. I had an X-ray after a car crash, and my lower spine looked like an S. Only thing I can figure is sitting on my wallet all the time.

I tried carrying a second wallet in the off side, but that was less comfortable than just moving it to the front pocket.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
any recommendations for a front pocket wallet? Im needing a new one and have been thinking about going to front pocket route.

Joel Clouse

El Conquistador
Agreed. Wallet in the front pocket; its the cowboy way :)

I thought the cowboy way was always being broke, so they didn't need to carry a wallet. Maybe that's just rodeo cowboys...

I've always carried my Copenhagen in my front left pocket because it was never comfortable to sit on. Until I sat in the saddle as a rookie Cope user. That can pinched me so stinking bad it broke the skin through my pocket. Not comfortable between me and the cantle either, so to the shirt pocket it went.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
I can't stand having things in my pocket. I usually carry a messanger bag with all my crap in it. On the occasion where I'm just running to the store I have a small money clip style wallet that holds my debit cards and id that I slip in my front pocket.

I never understood how people can carry fat wallets in their back pocket.

dennishoddy

I pretty much have to carry my wallet in the back pocket. Pistol in one front pocket, knife in the other. I try to adjust the wallet when sitting, so that it doesn't put stress on the spine, or if in the car, put it on the console.