Where do you guys carry your phone?

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
So, I'm basically a front pocket j-frame kinda guy, but have recently started belt carry (untucked button down shirt) with a semi auto. However, I still keep a phone case on my belt with a smart phone in it, and I'm a little nervous that I'm going to reveal my gun when going for my phone. Anyone have an idea ?

jjwestbrook

Well-Known Fanatic
i either keep my phone on the opposite side of my belt or in a side/cargo pocket
i like the cell phone pockets on the leg of carhardt pants

Regulis7

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Droid Razr with the Otter Box Defender case, its a pretty big phone. I carry phone on left side and ccw on right, even when I do not have ccw on the phone stays on left side for consistency.

V65Magnafan

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm still a Blackberry guy. Most of the time, BB resides on my belt at about ten o'clock--in a BB holster. Sometimes, if I have a free pocket, BB will ride in there alone. I don't want to scratch this phone--as I did my last one--forcing it to share a pocket with other items.

04ctd

Well-Known Fanatic
North of North Chuck, South of Scummerville
for weight distribution, i usually put the phone & wallet on one side, and the gun on the other.

FWIW, if you pocket carry a big screen phone, make sure you don't drag the screen across the rivets in the "pocket watch" pocket, i try to angle it away from my body, and wedge it in.

like the other guys said, i try to keep each pocket consistent, carrying or not, because you always have so much crap on your mind, and so much stuff going on.

maybe put the belt phone case on other side, and see how it works for a week?

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
You guys have been awesome!

The reality is that I need to deprogram myself from "strong side phone carry", and move it over to the left side

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry it in my pocket, I hate being loaded down and I carry my phone in one front and my wallet in the other. I am thinking strongly about a smaller wallet as well. I currently use a slim bi-fold money clip, I think i want one that only hold about 5 cards, plus cash.

russell97ta

Active Fanatic
If you can stand to use an IWB holster with 2 clips (ie MTAC or Crossbreed S.T.), you can have both on the right side. I have my phone clipped just behind the front clip. The phone actually covers up the front clip (Galaxy Nexus in Otterbox Defender (pretty big phone too)). it does not affect the access to the weapon at all.

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
russell97ta said:
If you can stand to use an IWB holster with 2 clips (ie MTAC or Crossbreed S.T.), you can have both on the right side. I have my phone clipped just behind the front clip. The phone actually covers up the front clip (Galaxy Nexus in Otterbox Defender (pretty big phone too)). it does not affect the access to the weapon at all.

So far, my belt carry is OWB from Wild Bill's, and while I like it very much, I wonder if IWB is the inevitable evolution of anyone who carries on a belt. I might try the crossbreed soon, as I respect the founders ingenuity, and frankly resent how the bigger makers have stone cold ripped off his design (King Tuk, really?).

Latest posts