When will it all end?

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Already this am I have had a call trying to buy primers, NOT FOR SALE here I said if I did the price would ruin our friendship as I cant replace them now. Then wanted to borrow some??? Nope I said you were there when we decided to stock up and did nothing. All the rest of us are all ok but you.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Already this am I have had a call trying to buy primers, NOT FOR SALE here I said if I did the price would ruin our friendship as I cant replace them now. Then wanted to borrow some??? Nope I said you were there when we decided to stock up and did nothing. All the rest of us are all ok but you.
I'm in the same boat as you . I've got a good friend needing some small rifle primers , luckily 100 will last him a long time and my sister ignored my advice and bought a 9mm she can't find bullets for .

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
The thing that gets me is when someone asks me for advice on gun they should get, and I tell them. Don't buy that kind of junk. Get something of quality. Many come back, Man that a lot of money. I tell them, what's your life worth? End of conversation.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
The thing that gets me is when someone asks me for advice on gun they should get, and I tell them. Don't buy that kind of junk. Get something of quality. Many come back, Man that a lot of money. I tell them, what's your life worth? End of conversation.
Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten . I told my sister not to buy a gun she couldn't buy ammo for . She didn't listen . Of course I also told her to buy a revolver since she's never owned a firearm . My advice was ignored , now she wants me to give her some 9mm .

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten . I told my sister not to buy a gun she couldn't buy ammo for . She didn't listen . Of course I also told her to buy a revolver since she's never owned a firearm . My advice was ignored , now she wants me to give her some 9mm .
Give her 1 Bullet. That way she can keep tract of it LOL.:oops: The revolver is a great starting point(safety). Also if you can shoot a DA revolver well, a semi-auto will be a piece of cake. IMHO.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
Around here about the only place not gouging is Academy. I have to give them a shout out for that ! They had 556 fifty cents a round , but you do have to be there when it arrives to get it and three box limit on 9mm 45, 223 also. The round count on the boxes does vary 20-200 ,the last ones were 120.The last 9mm was 20$ a box for 115 ball round , not me ! 38 spl and any of the magnum rounds are just stupid prices !

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
Aways buy the very best you can afford , in 40 + years of shooting I have never heard someone say [ Man I wish I wouldn't of bought such a good good gun ] but I have heard plenty of this POS ! jammed again ! Even cheap revolvers can let you down when you need them the most. Start shooting them a lot and you will see, most people just didn't put the rounds through revolvers to notice . All those old test in the 70,s and 80,s on revolvers going 10,000 rounds were exclusively , COLT, RUGER, S&W.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
When I 1st got into LE those 3 were all we were allowed to carry for a duty gun backup anything then when I changed dept what ever you could carry with 1 hand & instantly went to 1911 45.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
When we had our store we had a similar customer wanting to cut costs all he could I made an example he was on the Taurus brand at the time I put the Taurus and a S&W 19 on the counter and told him say in a year you wish to upgrade with this one Taurus we really do not want it back as they don't sell we got it in a trade we will allow only about 25% of cost in trade where if you buy the S&W no up grade will be needed unless another model where we will allow about 70% of cost in trade, he bought the S&W 19. He saw the light and did well.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Shortage at local stores, people in line at Academy on Thursdays starting around 2:00-3:00 AM lined up to buy whatever on truck and winds up at the local flea market, this what Academy employee told one of my friends but no shortage online, just gonna pay out the nose, CDNN always runs lot of auctions on Gunbroker, I watch some of them in disbelief, case of 380's goin for over 1000 bucks, 45's just under 1000, 9mm and 556 800-850 a case. I'm 66 and my two favorite things are being with my kids and grandkids and shooting matches on the weekends, we are guessing in 6 months give or take matches will be stopped because no one signing up, gettin my hobby cancelled is minor compared to the damage this administration is doing but still pisses me off, in less than 2 months the damage they have done is hard to wrap my head around, loss of jobs, here gas already 50 cents gallon higher, I could go on but ammo gonna be awhile coming back

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
Shortage at local stores, people in line at Academy on Thursdays starting around 2:00-3:00 AM lined up to buy whatever on truck and winds up at the local flea market, this what Academy employee told one of my friends but no shortage online, just gonna pay out the nose, CDNN always runs lot of auctions on Gunbroker, I watch some of them in disbelief, case of 380's goin for over 1000 bucks, 45's just under 1000, 9mm and 556 800-850 a case. I'm 66 and my two favorite things are being with my kids and grandkids and shooting matches on the weekends, we are guessing in 6 months give or take matches will be stopped because no one signing up, gettin my hobby cancelled is minor compared to the damage this administration is doing but still pisses me off, in less than 2 months the damage they have done is hard to wrap my head around, loss of jobs, here gas already 50 cents gallon higher, I could go on but ammo gonna be awhile coming back
Yeah they were starting to do that around here too ! but the local manager starting changing the days they put ammo out and the hours too . They started waiting until after lunch before they would stock the shelves . It almost amazes me when I see a little common sense anymore . I don't need it , but I was glad to see him giving everyone a chance at a box or two.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm doing my part to help, haven't bought 9mm, 45acp, 5.56 or 357 since last March although I am seeing it on shelves almost every time I stop at lgs. As stated above it is a good sign to see it in stock on a regular basis and until it's on the shelf all the time the prices will never normalize.

Reactions: DPM

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Only factory ammo I've bought was any caliber I found for sale locally, & reduced in price (Didn't buy very much
) Only factory I need would be IF I bought a new rifle or handgun in a caliber I don't already own. Probably not the best time to be buying or
trying a new caliber. Having been thru the lean times of scarce & expensive components in the past, I have stayed stocked up on them for the past 10 yrs.
I was looking for some BlueDot I thought I had, & found 8# containers of Bullseye, Red Dot & Green Dot I had stashed away & forgot about.
I never got into casting, as I was afraid I burn myself or have health issues from breathing lead fumes.. but I do order from a number of caster..Bayou is my latest. Anyone even thinking they might need some pistol bullets should order some. as Bayou is running about 12 wks. behind..As soon as I got the order I placed back in OCT..( arrived end of Jan/ start of Feb ) I placed another order, as I'll probably need some by the time they're shipped. I'd over- stocked on primers, esp.
small pistol & now I see they're the hardest to find. Thought of selling some, but decided might be better to keep my supply, as I'll never find them for what i paid for them on my last order.. think they were about $37 / 1K....

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
Like several others, Ever since the Clinton AWB days I keep a pretty good supply of components and have quite a bit of factory loaded ammo as well.
My brother and I were both considering getting ARs in .450 Bushmaster.
He ordered his upper yesterday and bought 200 rounds online for $50/20 round boxes of Hornady 245gr ammo from ammofreedom.com
I'm putting my upper on hold. I haven't seen any brass for sale and I'm not willing to pay $2.50 a shot.
I hope that you guys are correct that availability and prices will go back to pre Biden days but I don't think it will get better for at least the next four years.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I was buying range ammunition from Freedom. Good company, great prices, free shipping. Range ammo never gave me a bit of problems. I found a receipt from them, for .45 ACP 230 grain ball FMJ. The invoice said .11 a round. I looked on their sight and the same ammunition is .99 a round. That's $50.00 a box. On the same lines since uncle joe won gas here in my area has went up over .50 a gallon and still climbing. I hope those who hated Trump so bad are living it up now. WE WENT FROM ENERGY INDEPENDENT TO BEGGING ON OUR KNEES PAYING MORE AND MORE. I edited my comments originally they weren't PC.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
There is a chance if the republicans win back the house in the mid terms , that things may start to level out.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Not with bidunn being #1 guessing about 4 years, maybe 8 it shall get much worse before it gets any better. I don't see much chance for anything else.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
PSA has 45ACP JHP 24.99 BOX OF 20 . Doesn't say any limit. If anyone needs a few boxes .

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
Supply and demand . Ammo companies like any other for profit corporation charge what the market will bear . Now they're seeing what people will pay . It will take supply being greater than demand for prices to go back down .
I agree , new gun owners will have the market jacked up for a while. The above price seems decent for current times.