When will it all end?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Just got an e-mail from Brownells Armory where everything listed is in stock. :eek: EKK Damn !!! WTF?

Just go look & imagine that you needed 5000 primers 210M, 3000 .308 IMI match cases, 5000 Sierra #2200 168 BTHP bullets to start the season.
Not to mention all the prep work to turn them into 7.62 X 51mm Match rounds. All High Power Matches will be suspended for a long time it seems.

I can not imagine any time before that we were not able to compete with an M1A & find all the pieces needed 2 load 4 Match ammo you could roll your self.
Never not with Klinton nor Obama did I not have access to ammo or Firearms, Never not never before now! :mad:

Go on the Brownells Armory tour & see if you don't feel sick to your stomach! Made me want to unsubscribe from their site 4 now.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Just got an e-mail from Brownells Armory where everything listed is in stock. :eek: EKK Damn !!! WTF?

Just go look & imagine that you needed 5000 primers 210M, 3000 .308 IMI match cases, 5000 Sierra #2200 168 BTHP bullets to start the season.
Not to mention all the prep work to turn them into 7.62 X 51mm Match rounds. All High Power Matches will be suspended for a long time it seems.

I can not imagine any time before that we were not able to compete with an M1A & find all the pieces needed 2 load 4 Match ammo you could roll your self.
Never not with Klinton nor Obama did I not have access to ammo or Firearms, Never not never before now! :mad:

Go on the Brownells Armory tour & see if you don't feel sick to your stomach! Made me want to unsubscribe from their site 4 now.

I don't see an end in sight any time soon. Even if you manage to find ammo or components, it's second rate with crazy high prices. It seems like the dumber the democrat is in office, the bigger the run is on guns and ammo. The ammo shortage is a pretty good gage of the stupidity of the SOB that's currently occupying the Oval Office using this logic.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
While I have ammo and components, my shooting has been cut way back. I don't have 4years worth of certain items! This is simply ridiculous, I hope all that voted these idiots in are feeling good with ever higher fuel costs, ammo shortages, etc. Higher fuel costs mean higher food and supply prices, higher heating costs, higher just about everything, even unemployment numbers.
This admin hasn't got sense enough to come in from the rain

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
My best shooting friend and I talked about this back in Feb 2020 and both saw it coming with the election year then so we hit the saving account and both stocked way up, so glad we did, zero issues on components, ammo or primers at all here, weather is all that has cut our weekly shooting back here, in fact I may go to range later today or fish a short while probably a range trip though, our Feb match was cancelled due to weather so mid March for the next one will be handgun only not 2 gun as every other month.

Per topic ending just maybe if bidun don't mess it up more just maybe about 2023 is my guess to start seeing ammo back it will take over a year just to catch up still with no excess

Last edited:

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I've actually seen ammo in stock (yes 9mm, 223/5.56 as well as most others, except 22lr) at my go to chain gun shop. The only issue has been the high prices and limited quantity you can buy but it has been on the shelf every time I've stopped for the last month or so.
they had fmj range ammo as well as self defense ammo in most calibers. They've also had primers in stock but you now have to request them as they're kept in back and locked up.

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
My best shooting friend and I talked about this back in Feb 2020 and both saw it coming with the election year then so we hit the saving account and both stocked way up, so glad we did, zero issues on components, ammo or primers at all here, weather is all that has cut our weekly shooting back here, in fact I may go to range later today or fish a short while probably a range trip though, our Feb match was cancelled due to weather so mid March for the next one will be handgun only not 2 gun as every other month.

Per topic ending just maybe if bidun don't mess it up more just maybe about 2023 is my guess to start seeing ammo back it will take over a year just to catch up still with no excess

I certainly hope you're correct on 2023, my fingers are crossed. I have everything I need for a "while", just as long as its not past your projection, I'm fine. So thankful I load, I would have a difficult time with the ammo prices I'm seeing out here

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Of course for now without real evidence of just what really is happening upstream, we are just guessing for now.

What do we know of any black market guns and ammo? Has there been a surge of illegal guns & ammo out of this?
Let's look back not too far when the last lead smelter closed in the US. During the last Obama gun buying frenzy the prices
did not go back down however stock got back down to normal.

The Firearms industry has learned how to milk a Crisis & will every chance they get. We do know that at least.

The one thing missing from all this is Consumer control by means of boycotts & just not buying the over priced products.
Like any business the gougers & rip offs will suffer & bring the prices down!

I know :eek: we must have more ammo. & there in lies the problem, no checks & balance so we get bent over the log.

I believe the LGS when they say. We have no idea from day to day what or if we will get anything Gun or ammo related.
IF they don't know. Who does?

This all would die down a lot if Mr. Federal would release some Primers to reloaders now, not when they catch up not stocking the
LGS around the country. Something smells to me, I just have not seen this type of product control, coming out of other Government
caused Crisis. Klinton & Obama Crisis were back to normal within a year or so.

This may be the SHTF nightmare we have been preparing for all this time. :confused: Whom knows.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
With the shortage it will take a year of supply for the buying to slow down and just to catch up then start from that point but bidun will I feel sure prolong that 2 plus years easy if all is well,
Have 3200 rounds of 22 coming in today with a primer trade for it just leaving to go get it now.
Also my son has been contacting non shooting friends to see if any have ammo and many did, where his comes from.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Got 3200 rounds 22 today and the other party got his powder and primers he needed so both happy. Have another powder trade next week for more 22 ammo so will be fixed for many years here counting what I already had in stock. I am very pleased here today.....

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
My range sent an e mail to me , they've got bulk .556 Winchester in stock 150 round packs for $120.00 , in other words .80 cents per round . A 1,000 round case is $600.00 . I know it's extremely high but the fact that it's out there and it's Winchester brass ammo gives me hope .

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Starting to see some items on shelves again here also. Priced too high but its a start. Folks sweeping it off the shelf by the armload. And this is part of the problem, selling new purchases on the secondary market. Selling what one already has, I;m certainly OK with this, but buying to just resell? definitely not OK with and wish there were a way to stop it. Greed, money, I don't support individuals taking advantage of others

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Will be picking up 2000 lbs lead early next week then alloy it with our linotype to harden it smelt it to ingots for easier casting then back to bi weekly loading here 2 people with 8 cavity molds can cast many bullets in a few hours then 1 load then one on each press loading, while bullets bake with hitech, then size after we usually do 1000 each at a session 45 and 9mm totals. Back to the good old days there.
125.jpgbullet.jpg

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Several here had a group talk early last year Feb after a match on what was probably to come later sadly we were correct of our group I know of none that had to buy and ammo or components since then and will not at the today's cost... We all stocked up very well then. I know of a small shop in E Texas that has ammo all reloads selling for $50 a box just about what ever you want all cast bullets but rifle, bulk buy there jacketed. 20/box rifle you want it he probably has some, gouging yes but you can say no and just leave he said. No rim fire left nor shotgun ammo yes we did see buying customers.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
My range sent an e mail to me , they've got bulk .556 Winchester in stock 150 round packs for $120.00 , in other words .80 cents per round . A 1,000 round case is $600.00 . I know it's extremely high but the fact that it's out there and it's Winchester brass ammo gives me hope .
A5481009-8D54-492A-B00B-9D320F6FB7B8.jpeg

It's out there just more than I'm willing to pay, this pic is from just a couple weeks ago at one of my weekly stops. The last case I bought was $369 before this started

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, 115 gr. 9mm @ .50 Cents a rd. makes me cringe. But now it seems to be a bargain. El Sucko. I was skeptical when I bought 45acp at .40 a few weeks ago. now it's trough the roof. Insane times.
.50 cents for 9mm is normal around here now , luckily I already have enough . As I said above my local range has Winchester .556 in bulk , I'm just glad it's showing up . Saw some at another store , in stock , but a $1.00 a round . If people would quit panic buying , manufacturers would catch up . I know someone at the Fiocci plant in Ozark , they're working around the clock at full capacity and can't catch up . Not even letting employees purchase ammo . The fact that it's showing up is a good sign though . Another LGS I deal with got a pallet of 45 acp . .40 has been available the whole time here . But , it will take years and a different administration to snap out of this . JMO

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
STI, the hi-tek coating is great stuff. Love it

I'm very fortunate to have the components I have, after klintin admin I swore I'd never again be caught flatfooted. So far, so good.
9mm at .69 and 45auto at .96 isn't appealing to say the least. I'm not up on 5.56 or super38, blessed to not NEED anything. The worrisome part for me is, eventually I will run out of a certain component. And not inclined to to pay $100/1000. I know all plants working at full capacity, it will take time and for people to quit panick buying. Over 8million new gun owners last year and they all need ammo, so the price is free market. I'm ok with that, eventually production will catch up price will stabilize. Unless of course, politics and taxation fock things up

Latest posts