Wheelgunner Mostly

Sedentary Mike

Fanatic
My preference is for revolvers, the jewel of my small collection, a Nighthawk-Korth Supersport .357. However, I harbor a spot in my affections for my Dan Wesson Valor in stainless. The interior debate I'm having at the moment is whether to send the gun back to DW to have an embarrassing idiot scratch removed. As a very old guy (84 this coming March) with less than a herculean grip, reassembling the Valor following a cleaning has been a chore I'm mastering these days a little better than heretofore. The other auto-feeder in the gun safe is a Ruger Mark IV Competition .22LR, which I like to call my wife's gun even tho her enthusiasm for shooting equals that for scarfing raw oysters -- dim to nil. Cheers to all.

Sedentary Mike

Fanatic
I've been wanting one of the NH Korth revolvers but a Pre-war 357 S&W (1939) got in the way. Maybe someday.
The Supersport won me over purely on looks -- the very last word in machismo. I could not have sprung for it were it not for the light of my life, an indulgent and loving wife, who took pity on my hangdog expression and said, Oh, ferkrissake, go for it. The Mongoose is a few bucks -- I won't say cheaper, since cheap has no place in these comments. Less expensive will have to do. Your 1939 Smith sounds like a gem. Shoot it in good health.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks. I'm somewhat of a revolver addict. More than a couple S&W & Colts here with a sprinkling of Rugers thrown in for flavor.

Sedentary Mike

Fanatic
Welcome aboard! I've got a pretty good stable of S&W revolvers too.
My Smiths consist of a 25-2, .45 APC, pinned barrel, which puts it at about 1980, shortly before they stopped pinning barrels, and a spanking new Model 325 Thunder Ranch, also in .45ACP. Both accommodate moon clips. The other wheel guns are a .357 Dan Wesson 715 and a Ruger GP100 .22LR. It's a small gun safe with little room for much more. The Thunder Ranch is in my night stand, loaded and ready to repel boarders.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome and I've got a few "wife's" guns to. Way less explanation needed when talking with buddies!

Latest posts