What's your latest knife purchase

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Seems like every other forum has a knife thread but this one. Since I couldn't find a good place to post I figured the GD was it.

Burk if you want to move this to somewhere more appropriate knock yourself out.

Picked up another Zero Tolerance Limited Edition. It's colors are awesome!

This one is the 0392BRNGLD.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
ZT 350TS

All I can after paying $1500 a month student loans and putting $750 in kids college fund each month. It's slim picking in this house

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I didn't purchase it, but I found my grandfather's Schrade Presto. I am trying to determine now if it was a WW2 model or commercial he picked up when he returned state side,

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I picked up a Ganzo (Chinese fake) that's a cross between a Pro-tech and a Benchmade just for giggles, but I really don't use it for more than simple cutting tags off shirts or slicing peppers etc. I bent the tip the first day stabbing through a 5 gallon water bottle.

Benchmades are my daily carry blades.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Michelle bought me a Benchmade Griptillion the other day just for being awesome

6fe2206a975dd1e43e4eefad91503832.jpg

posted via Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I like some of the ZT designs, but I can't stand flipper knives. If the one you posted didn't have that gay flipper, I'd probably get it.

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
I like some of the ZT designs, but I can't stand flipper knives. If the one you posted didn't have that gay flipper, I'd probably get it.
How else do you open a knife these days? An auto or the Emerson wave is the only thing that's almost as easy.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I can open my benchmade 940 as fast as an auto, and can close it much quicker than any liner lock flipper or auto.

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
I can open my benchmade 940 as fast as an auto, and can close it much quicker than any liner lock flipper or auto.
I've never owned a Benchmade. Do they use a thumb stud flipper deal from the 90's?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
I've never owned a Benchmade. Do they use a thumb stud flipper deal from the 90's?
Lol, next time I see you, remind me and I'll give you a demo of how thumb studs of the 90's are better than flippers.

Attachments

• 940-slider-610x191.jpg
    940-slider-610x191.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 17

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
Lol, next time I see you, remind me and I'll give you a demo of how thumb studs of the 90's are better than flippers.
I used to have those on cheap Gerbers and the like growing up and I gave them all to the homeless after I got my first assisted opening Kershaw with I flipper.

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
I remember my first beer too.
That carbon fiber handled 940-1 looks nice. I guess knives are a lot like reticles in scope. You have a tendency to stick with what you got started using.

We need to drink a few beers and talk knives sometime. I'd like to familiarize myself with the Axis lock stuff.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
That carbon fiber handled 940-1 looks nice. I guess knives are a lot like reticles in scope. You have a tendency to stick with what you got started using.
We need to drink a few beers and talk knives sometime. I'd like to familiarize myself with the Axis lock stuff.
The 940-2 Is next on my list to get. G10 handles and S30v steel.

I've had a 940 in my pocket for probably 12 years now and haven't found another knife equal to it.

Beers and bullshittin'? I'm in.

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
The 940-2 Is next on my list to get. G10 handles and S30v steel.

I've had a 940 in my pocket for probably 12 years now and haven't found another knife equal to it.

Beers and bullshittin'? I'm in.
I have a hard time not carrying carbon fiber handles because they are so light.

Latest posts