What's your favorite optic?

NooB33

Well-Known Fanatic
So, I see a lot of specific optic questions. Lets broaden this a little. What is everyone's favorite 3-gun optic? Price range isn't in the discussion, and only refer to optics that you personally use or have used in the past. Part of this is general curiosity, and the other part is me looking at buying a new scope :) Soo..let's hear it!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
If price is no issue, the Swaro Z6i is the best. It's expensive, but it's the best.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Does anyone know anything about this one......................

tonyriflereduced.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Since I am also in the market for a scope, could anyone comment on a couple other options:

Vortex Viper PST 1-4

Trijicon Accupoint TR24

I used to runthe Trijicon TR24. Actually I had a pair of them. Great scope. I'd rather see you spend a few hundred more and get the Leupold VX6 1-6X that Tony is running. Even his blind ass hit the 300 yard steel now that he can see it.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I used to runthe Trijicon TR24. Actually I had a pair of them. Great scope. I'd rather see you spend a few hundred more and get the Leupold VX6 1-6X that Tony is running. Even his blind ass hit the 300 yard steel now that he can see it.

1. I will if you give me the "few extra hundred"
2. Hell, I even hit the 300 yd steel with a much less expensive 1-4 optic.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I have the vortex HS 1-4, it's the same as the PST except the turrets are capped. It's all that I know for an AR optic, and I'm please with it. You're welcome to give it a try or look through it if I ever make another match.

jtischauser

Soon you will be asking, What freight company has the best rates on shipping pallets of primers, bullets and brass to my house.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Since I am also in the market for a scope, could anyone comment on a couple other options:

Vortex Viper PST 1-4

Trijicon Accupoint TR24
I have the Vortex Viper I have been very happy with this scope my only gripe is the uncapped turrents can be unitentionally adjusted if one is not careful. The first time after using 52 rounds on a long range stage i got home and looked at the turrents and both were several minutes off.
Another time I had just got done confirming zero i went to bag my rifle and I raked my arm againist the top cap and turned the top turrent. so far i am averaging one oops per thousand rounds.
moral of story always adjust nobs to zero after sighting in and check to make sure nobs are on zero before shooting.

Overall I like the reticle i feel the clarity is appropiate for the price range if I had it all to do over again with 900 to spend I would make the same choice again. My other consideration was the trijicon. My brother bought the trijicon he is happy with his choice I am happy with my choice.

Wormydog has the trijicon you should talk to him and let him muddy up that descion.
If you pm me you are welcome to check out my scope and fire my rifle.
later

I do have a swaroski laser range finder that I give a thousand for & that is the best glass I have.

jtischauser

I have the Vortex Viper I have been very happy with this scope my only gripe is the uncapped turrents can be unitentionally adjusted if one is not careful. The first time after using 52 rounds on a long range stage i got home and looked at the turrents and both were several minutes off.
Another time I had just got done confirming zero i went to bag my rifle and I raked my arm againist the top cap and turned the top turrent. so far i am averaging one oops per thousand rounds.
moral of story always adjust nobs to zero after sighting in and check to make sure nobs are on zero before shooting.

Overall I like the reticle i feel the clarity is appropiate for the price range if I had it all to do over again with 900 to spend I would make the same choice again. My other consideration was the trijicon. My brother bought the trijicon he is happy with his choice I am happy with my choice.

Wormydog has the trijicon you should talk to him and let him muddy up that descion.
If you pm me you are welcome to check out my scope and fire my rifle.
later

I do have a swaroski laser range finder that I give a thousand for & that is the best glass I have.

Chambers got hosed by those turrets at Ozark last year.

Latest posts