What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you during a comp.?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
The first rule of DQ is that we never talk about DQ :rtfm:

But if we did, one time I saw a 3 Gun Nation Pro Series shooter at a small local indoor match running and his gun came out of his holster and passed him going down range. Classic

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Most embarrassing? Hmmm I don't know if it was that one time Jake Burki beat me when I had the broken ankle or when I caught Burk staring at my ass while I was shooting. Tough call!

http://youtu.be/VBoEJ__Zrq8

MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well-Known Fanatic
My first match I was sitting cross legged Indian style in a ridiculous wooden box made out of palettes, having to shoot sideways out of the slots in between the boards, shells are flying straight up and hitting the ceiling and coming back down on me, then I get a double feed in the middle of it all without knowing what to do. Just sat there dicking with my rifle in this ridiculous box while everybody watched me burn up a good 30 seconds on the clock. Luckily the RO was kind enough to coach me into changing mags, so I started up again but was so bewildered and embarassed at that point that I forget which targets I have already shot at, so I start shooting the same ones that I had already hit until I timed out. Was a total disaster.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:
My first match I was sitting cross legged Indian style in a ridiculous wooden box made out of palettes, having to shoot sideways out of the slots in between the boards, shells are flying straight up and hitting the ceiling and coming back down on me, then I get a double feed in the middle of it all without knowing what to do. Just sat there dicking with my rifle in this ridiculous box while everybody watched me burn up a good 30 seconds on the clock. Luckily the RO was kind enough to coach me into changing mags, so I started up again but was so bewildered and embarassed at that point that I forget which targets I have already shot at, so I start shooting the same ones that I had already hit. Was a total disaster.
hahahaaa! yesssss...... The picture you painted is hilarious.

MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well-Known Fanatic
mtnman1 said:
hahahaaa! yesssss...... The picture you painted is hilarious.
In hindsight, we should have named the stage "dick in a box".

408184883.jpg

wheres the "mike chambers falls on his ass running around the boulders" at fb3g in 2011? There was a montage video of this as well.

wheres the "what just happened here?" tape from gm sanderson??

these are the two I recall

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike cyrwus said:
wheres the "mike chambers falls on his ass running around the boulders" at fb3g in 2011? There was a montage video of this as well.

wheres the "what just happened here?" tape from gm sanderson??

these are the two I recall
Ask and you shall receive. I don't think Chris released his video ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvAftOPaho&sns=em

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
yes, yes, yes! the edit was hilarious. I saw a fail clip where a guy tripped and double discharged right next to his head.

The Antichrome

At SS Nats in the rain, I was told "make ready" and I nailed a perfect, lightning fast practice draw...but I had left the shower cap on the holstered gun. It took like 4 minutes to pick all the plastic out of the gun and the holster...the plastic was stretched from the holster all the way out to my fully drawn/presented gun. It was practically shrink wrapped.

A warrior counts his victories, not his defeats. (good thing I'm not a warrior;-)

Latest posts