What the heck is wrong with my Glock?

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
G35 Gen 4. I've put about 400 rounds through it so far and it is continuing to have a serious problem with feeding. I've swapped out the guide rod and recoil spring set up to 2 different ones and it doesn't matter what, it still fails to feed at least one per mag. These are stock Glock mags. It is hanging up on the left side as it tries to push the shell into the chamber. The new style ejector forces the ammo to come out of the magazine with a slight cant, then it hangs on the left side of the barrel as its trying to go in. I'll upload a couple pics, one of a shell showing how it always sticks and another showing the barrel and you can see by the shiny spot, where the bullet is hanging up. Any help would be appreciated. My first thought is to smooth out this area to let it feed better but I don't want to ruin a barrel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 69

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Forgot to mention, this is factory loaded ammo. I've also shot some Atlanta Arms minor loads and it does the same thing.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
get a pic from the other direction showing how the ejector is forcing the round to the side

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Here ya go

Oh, and that's how it's supposed to be shaped. I looked all over the Internet about this already and didn't come up with anything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 77

Airic

I shoot.
does it happen when the gun is returned completly to stock config?

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
It's done it since day one. Completely stock and every configuration since.

It will do it on any round in the magazine. First, last, or anything in between.

TroyF

TheBearcat
Have you tried some different magazines?

I've seen this before, but can't recall the reason or the fix. I'll ask some of my counterparts at OCPD. Seems like that is where I was made aware of that issue.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
should the ejector even be touching the cartridge?
I think that ejector is way to low for some reason.

with the slide locked open, Shouldn't you be able to insert a mag without anything touching the bullet?
That doesn't look to be the case here.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
If I remember right the ejector on the 40's is supposed to be strait and that one looks kinda like it is curved like a 9mm ejector but not exactly. If you get bored post a pic with the slide off looking down at the top of the ejector.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
More pics

I've looked all over the Interwebs and from what I could tell, this is supposed to be the ejector.
It can't go any higher or the slide wouldn't fit on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 53

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I think you're right! After doing some more reading, it looks like that is a 9mm ejector. So, I just went and swapped it out for a 1882 ejector out of my old G23 and I can put in a mag without it touching the shell. I'd bet big money that this will fix it. I can tell you I've never changed that ejector because I didn't even know how until tonight. How in the world would that thing come from the factory like that??? I guess stuff slips through sometimes.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I haven't had a chance to test the gun yet, but I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who helped in this thread.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I wouldn't stop there, I'd do a bit more reasearch before calling it good.
Just find out 100% for sure which ejector it's supposed to have & match it up.

I think you've found the problem but just make sure.

Latest posts