What revolver should I get?

White Kid

The American Reaper
I'm having a hard time choosing what revolver I should get, maybe y'all can help me.
I'm thinking of one of these 3:

1) Ruger LCRx with the 3" barrel
2) Smith & Wesson TRR8 (8 shot)
3) Smith & Wesson Model 649

I already have a Smith & Wesson Model 66 no dash with the pinned barrel and recessed cylinder.
So I'm not sure if I should get a large framed revolver, medium framed revolver, or a small framed revolver.
I've already shot the Ruger LCR in 9mm and I don't like it at all unless it was to have larger grips on it but my dad loves it. I don't think revolvers should be in semi-auto cartridges unless it's .45ACP.
I kinda want to get one of the Smith & Wesson Airweight revolvers but I've heard that they sometimes tend to split near the barrel so that kinda makes me a bit "iffy" on whether or not to get one.
I do wanna get a N-frame revolver (TRR8) but I already have 4 full size handguns (Although they're semi-autos).
I'm just not sure what to get, so hopefully y'all can tell me about what y'all like and dislike about the 3 that I have mentioned so I can somewhat of an idea on what to decide on getting.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
What do you want to do with it? If you plan on shooting it a lot I'd pass on the TRR8, I know it has a trick sounding scandium frame and all, but it's still basically aluminum.

For an all purpose gun that you want to shoot a lot you'd be hard pressed to beat a 686 or GP100, in .357 magnum. You can shoot full house magnums, .38 Special, .38 Long Colt, .38 "mid" (.38 super length) or .38 Short Colt. They are all the same thing just differing lengths.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Scott Hearn said:
What do you want to do with it? If you plan on shooting it a lot I'd pass on the TRR8, I know it has a trick sounding scandium frame and all, but it's still basically aluminum.

For an all purpose gun that you want to shoot a lot you'd be hard pressed to beat a 686 or GP100, in .357 magnum. You can shoot full house magnums, .38 Special, .38 Long Colt, .38 "mid" (.38 super length) or .38 Short Colt. They are all the same thing just differing lengths.
I'm thinking between the TRR8 and the 627, they both seem equal in every way from what I've looked up on them and everything. They're just pricey as all get out!

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'd buy the 9mm revolver. Ammo is way cheaper
If I was to get the Ruger LCR in 9mm I'd have to get larger grips for it, with the standard grips that come on it are quite small and it's a very very snappy lil' gun.
It's so snappy it beats the crap out of my hand after 10 rounds then I don't wanna shoot it anymore but yet I can shoot my M&P Shield in .40S&W all day long and it won't affect me like that thing will.

Latest posts