What is happening? Internet outage

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Not sure I fully understand what you are asking? Outages happen - the internet has different backbones and multiple providers.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I just got back from a real nightmare with the Interweb. :eek: I could see you all, but I had to find rabbit holes to go through to get a like
past & sometimes I could post back maybe 5 percent of the time. Other sites like MEWE would sometimes load a skeleton site build, but would
not let me post or move around the site.

ATT, Optimum all over America & the world experienced a Level 3 ,outage.
Nothing on the NEWS not a peep from the techs about the level 3 outage, just we are aware you have an internet outage.

In fact we had the internet & our Nord VPN would engage, however we could not reach email, or any other web sites other than
a skeleton build with 0 content. Oh I could check my mail on my phone but could not work the controls at all.

I found out about the level 3 outage when on rare occasion hat I could access Duck Duck Go & ask " Why is my internet not connecting with other web sites not working? & add your zip code. I got the download on all the people around the world affected & all the Aps not working it was nowhere near the real amount even Mastercard was down.

For me this was a big wake up call. e-mail, bill pay, e-bay/Amazon our whole lives revolve around the internet so much, just look at your own
internet usage & needs. They have us by the nads & they know it.

It's good to be back my Brothers!

American Flag America GIF by MOODMAN

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
My notifications are not working here.
Anybody else not seeing the PMs or Alerts?

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I'm not seeing any errors going to your email. Are they in the spam box by chance?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm not seeing any errors going to your email. Are they in the spam box by chance?
No I mean that the little round dots on the bell & envelope do no appear. I find the replies by going to PMs or by watching the side bar of new post.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't know you were gone but glad you're back, no troubles I'm aware of in SC

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I didn't know you were gone but glad you're back, no troubles I'm aware of in SC
As WLOS Channel 13 struggles with their own level 3 outage today, the rest of us are left to wonder just what happened to the internet for 3 days.
My Geek friends think it's more likely a DNS & they the hackers want ransom $ from the Inet providers like ATT.

My service has returned to normal however that Level 3 Outage was not normal in any way.
I have talked to over a dozen people who now say they also lost internet control for 3 days as well.

Very important. We never lost the internet, just the ability to control anything while on the Inet we even had a working VPN.

Latest posts