What holster for Open pistol in 3gun

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Getting ready to build an open pistol to use in 3gun and USPSA. After much debate, I have decided to frame mount my optic as it's better for USPSA. Now my question is what holsters are you guys using? I did have a Ghost Ultimate holster, but I sold it cause I just didn't feel comfertable using it in 3gun. I was looking at a COM holster, but with Ricks unfortunate passing, that one is out of the question now to. My main concern is dropping the pistol, either while running full bore, or while slinging a rifle.

Mainly looking for something secure, don't mind paying extra for quality. Either custom kydex, or an race rig that locks securely. Any suggestions?

For reference, the pistol is a Glock 17.

grantwoodok

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm using a Safariland 014 for that exact reason. It has a locking feature that works perfectly for my STI 2011 Open gun.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Shot MW3G with a Ghost and it was fine. Lock it so you can unlock it on draw with your middle finger(in the down position) and it's fine. Now, I think the DAA is probably a little better. Ask Mike Voigt how his Safariland worked at 3-Gun nationals. :)

Jeremy Moore

Well-Known Fanatic
I have Rick's left Handed holsters in stock.http://www.theshooterssource.com/centrer-mass-open-holster-left-hand-p-21074.html
I have a demo unit in Right Hand I'll make you a deal on. Nothing wrong with it, it was just the one we had on our display boards.

Someone is picking up the COM torch in Ricks passing. It will be a while before it's back up and running. If you have your heart set on a new holster in Right Hand, I can make a call and get an ETA.

LoganbillJ

Sponsor
I run a DAA Racer, the cheaper version on the Racemaster. I love it and like the retention. If the lock is engaged you cannot remove the gun. When disengaged it is smooth as silk.

LoganbillJ

Sponsor
Tuflehundon said:
For those jibbing me about building an open Glock. Just can't justify $4-5K to the Wife for a 2011. I would spend it, but can't convince her to let me yet.
I am in the same boat as you. Which is why I also run an open glock.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Eventually I will get a 2011 open gun, but will settle for the Glock open gun for now. Open bug bit me a couple of years ago. That's one of the reasons I went Limited was so I could buy a lot of the parts ahead of time. All I had to get done was mount, optic, barrel, and comp. Everything else was already done.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
That's certainly a plan. Check out BlackDog Gunworks and CK firearms. They make custom open guns for 2-3 thousand cheaper than the other guys. Good luck with the gun. If we are at a match together, let me know and you can shoot my BlackDog.

Latest posts