What have you been reading & learning these days?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We all have gun books. Yet at times when the 2A is talked about we just defend it . Yet Just why & what are we the American gun owner too do with it?
Just what did our NRA say about the 2A for ever? Hunting> Self Defense> Competition ??? That's it?

Is that what our Fore Fathers really had in mind for Americans with guns to do? I do not believe it was, considering they had to fight & die for what they believed in Freedom!

It is enlightening to learn what our Military has learned & used. You see many people saying they are behind Enemy lines. What does that mean in America 2021?
Mao said to just blend into your world like fish in the ocean aka. hide in plain sight.

It's not a bad idea to learn new ways to help your family survive the coming Storms. Do you have a card you carry to dope Bullet drop & Windage for you long range
rifles? Not bad to be prepared & not need it, than well you know. Do you have a rifle or Carbine with ammo when your traveling about today?

This is not a call to arms! o_O Just a reminder that being prepared is just another tool for your Toolbox that may save your family's lives.
What have you guys been reading & learning? Even Old Dogs can learn new tricks.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Reloading info...since I'm about to get into it.
You sure chose a bad time to start reloading due to lack of components and prices, hopefully your well stocked and saw all this coming before it hit as we did.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Dope cards carried nope taped to carbine stocks yes, I use them often.
That's right. If you can't dope it you can't hit it, said Gunny who also said: " If you can't see it you can't hit it".

Meaning your scope is as important as your rifle is, so get Great Scopes & hit it dead center.
I have Leupold & Zeiss Scopes. I have boxes of Redfields & Burris etc cheap scopes, I wasted $ on
before I knew better. :eek: What a costly learning experience that was, so no Scopes under Leupold quality.

I like 12X for long range work with Mil=Dot reticles it works from 50 to 1000 yards with out problems.
Remember the nice man who helped you survive Basic? Your Shooting was very important to him,
so Listen Up!! o_O

I was in the US Navy but our handlers were all Marines :oops: Yep no BS Jar Heads who road us hard, & always
put us up Wet LOL. Learning to shoot long distance is a lot of work & it takes, practice to get good results that are repeatable.

With todays rifles you can buy a tight grouper that will perform well at long distance & yes my handloads
shoot better than Federal Gold Medal .308 or .223 ammo right out of the box.

One Shot! Read Plasters The Ultimate Sniper great info for anyone who needs long range skills & Full camo suits
everything you need to know about Long range shooting.

_100892266_ef88m9.jpg

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Gonna look into that book @Mike A1

Thanks for the recommendation.

Just now getting back into reloading.

While the online & app-based stuff is handy....and I'm sure invaluable in certain situations.....I'm a sucker for the printed manuals.

I've pretty much resumed the practice of adding the manuals from the bullet manufacturers I'm going to be using: Nosler, Hornady, Berger, Sierra, Speer and some that cover cast pistol, too.

For whatever reason I found myself wide awake at 2:00am last night. Reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the Berger manual that was sitting there. Knocked out a few sections. Good stuff on COL & CBTO. Reminded me that I need to get some more measurement tools....ASAP. Just have to determine which are legit...and which are gimmicky.

Good reading last night in the Berger manual.

Also on the nightstand....ready for some more late night reading:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Gonna look into that book @Mike A1

Thanks for the recommendation.

Just now getting back into reloading.

While the online & app-based stuff is handy....and I'm sure invaluable in certain situations.....I'm a sucker for the printed manuals.

I've pretty much resumed the practice of adding the manuals from the bullet manufacturers I'm going to be using: Nosler, Hornady, Berger, Sierra, Speer and some that cover cast pistol, too.

For whatever reason I found myself wide awake at 2:00am last night. Reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the Berger manual that was sitting there. Knocked out a few sections. Good stuff on COL & CBTO. Reminded me that I need to get some more measurement tools....ASAP. Just have to determine which are legit...and which are gimmicky.

Good reading last night in the Berger manual.

Also on the nightstand....ready for some more late night reading:

I to love the old printed Reloading Manuals, my Speers books starts with #6 all the way up, & Hornady, Sierra, AA as many as I can find.
We find any manor of Firearms books in the Stat shed out at the range, many older books show up as our older members move on 2 the
the Super range in the next beyond.

Latest posts