What happens when the special people carry guns in bars

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Despicable behavior from one of the "only ones". --> http://www.scgunblog.com/

Police say (ex) [Deputy Paul Allen] Derrick, who was not in uniform and was drinking alcohol, left the restaurant and returned with handcuffs he retrieved from his vehicle.

Derrick overpowered Ball, handcuffed her, pulled her to her feet, and slammed her head into a metal table, the report states. Ball, according to the report, was also drinking alcohol.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
I watched the video. The Sheriff had a closed-door meeting with a judge and a solicitor. That guy is about to be fired and plead guilty to one or two charges and fade into the sunset.

94formulabird

Well-Known Fanatic
what i dont get is how people today sit back and record this crap...im sorry..if you ass is off duty..and you start doin this crap to someone...im gettin involved..and if i go to jail so be it...i REFUSE to sit back and watch people victimize others

wylie

Well-Known Fanatic
I was told by law-enforcement there are absolutely no exceptions a citizen is allowed to touch a law enforcement officer. That they can be 100 percent wrong in what they are doing and you aren't allowed to touch them in anyway. legally the only thing you can do to a law-enforcement officer is take him to court. Even when not working on the clock they are still on duty which makes them touchable

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
It's possible that the special one that told you that is wrong. The last place one should get legal advice is from a LEO. Just MHO.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
Wylie said:
I was told by law-enforcement there are absolutely no exceptions a citizen is allowed to touch a law enforcement officer. That they can be 100 percent wrong in what they are doing and you aren't allowed to touch them in anyway. legally the only thing you can do to a law-enforcement officer is take him to court. Even when not working on the clock they are still on duty which makes them touchable

That's not correct.

John Canuck said:
It's possible that the special one that told you that is wrong. The last place one should get legal advice is from a LEO. Just MHO.

That is correct. Law enforcement officers don't know most laws.

Acecool

Well-Known Fanatic
Wylie said:

That's not entirely true. Whether or not they are on-duty they are still subject to the same laws. If they are actively unlawfully arresting you ( And you need to be 100% sure ) then you may lawfully resist arrest. This may translate to defending someone else as it's essentially defending oneself against loss of life or freedom i.e. kidnapping / felony. Look up the laws and speak to a lawyer about unlawful arrest.

I snipped off a large part of what I wrote just because I didn't want to get int a huge if/elseif/else scenario! You have to be 100% sure though otherwise it's best to not get involved unless someone is about to take the life of the other person or serious bodily injury.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
TheGriff said:
My understanding is that LEO's are allowed and encouraged to lie.

Lying to a suspect = criminal investigation

Lying to a police officer = perjury; making false statements; obstructing an investigation, etc.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Wylie said:
I was told by law-enforcement there are absolutely no exceptions a citizen is allowed to touch a law enforcement officer

Well of course they're going to say that. That's simple human CYA nature.

urbancommandox

Well-Known Fanatic
Wylie said:

You can use deadly force on law enforcement that is unlawfully arresting you. South carolina jas a statue and few cases on the books.

http://www.rayservers.com/blog/your-rig ... ful-arrest

http://www.boalt.org/CCLR/v2/v2hemmens.htm

?41 Of the twelve states that retain the common law right to resist unlawful arrest, only three, Michigan, Wyoming, and Oklahoma, are not located in the South. Of these, Oklahoma is on the border of the region, and the status of the right in Wyoming is perhaps best described as unclear.128
?42 The other states retaining the common law right are Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Mississippi. Two of these states, Alabama129 and Louisiana,130 endorse the right by statute; the remaining states endorse the right by judicial decree.131 Several of these states have considered the issue within the past decade and reaffirmed the common law rule.132

Latest posts