What do you feel should be that largest game taken with a .556 platform?

nwlr82

Well-Known Fanatic
Been a while and things could have changed or memory may be bad. That stated I believe it was the Hague Accord that discussed expanding bullets and the U.S did not attend. I looked at what I believe to be LOAC on the web. Did not see anything about ammo though I did hastily skim it. It did refer to the Geneva Conventions which was not about expanding bullets. Please point me in the right direction so I will be up to date other than RoE and that we adhere to the LoLW, where does it state in the LOAC that U.S forces can not use expanding bullets? Just hate being wrong or uninformed. Thanks

Shootingbuff you were right about the LOAC. I was quoting a doccument from work that refrenced the LOAC but if I would have looked closer I would have seen that the guidline for no hollow point ammunition came from the Hague Convention of 1907 Geneva Convention. Needless to say there are rules that prohibit the use of chemical weapons, and hollow point ammuntion due to their effectiveness and inhumanity. I agree with you 100% about finding the right round that with well placed shot will do enough damage to bring a short death. When it comes to hunting and personal defense I want the most effective bullet in my gun.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Shootingbuff you were right about the LOAC. I was quoting a doccument from work that refrenced the LOAC but if I would have looked closer I would have seen that the guidline for no hollow point ammunition came from the Hague Convention of 1907 Geneva Convention. Needless to say there are rules that prohibit the use of chemical weapons, and hollow point ammuntion due to their effectiveness and inhumanity. I agree with you 100% about finding the right round that with well placed shot will do enough damage to bring a short death. When it comes to hunting and personal defense I want the most effective bullet in my gun.

Like I stated It has been a while and I know a lot has changed in the military world. Anyway thanks for the update and totally agree with your last.

Latest posts