What are you reading?

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
Are there any that you try to reread every year or so? For many of us, the bible plays a role, but what else is important enough for you to want to keep it "fresh" for you?

For me, Starship Troopers by Heinlein; The Skylane Pilot's Companion by Coffey; and at least one of Cooper's Gunsight Antholgies.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Are there any that you try to reread every year or so? For many of us, the bible plays a role, but what else is important enough for you to want to keep it "fresh" for you?

For me, Starship Troopers by Heinlein; The Skylane Pilot's Companion by Coffey; and at least one of Cooper's Gunsight Antholgies.

Starship Troopers doesn't really have any particular meaning to me but I like it a lot. I need to read it again at some point.

I'm now about halfway through "The Rum Diary" by Hunter S Thompson. It's more of a "book" than a "rambling story about being high on 8 drugs at once written by a guy who is high on 8 drugs at once" like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

MISph1t

Well-Known Fanatic

I reread "Illusions" by Richard Bach every so often.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Just finished Stephen Hunter's new book Soft Target. Not a bad read but not as good as his Swagger books. Kind of cool how terrorists take over the largest mall in America and makes you think what would happen for real in that situation. I've also been reading some of James Wesley Rawes books, Survivor and Patriots. Pretty realistic stories based on the current state of the economy here and in Europe. Makes you want to stock up on beans, bullets, silver, and gold.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Chad Adams new book Complete Guide to 3 Gun Competition

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1440228671?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I got the whole "Gunsmith Kinks" series for my birthday, and am just about finished with the first volume. Very interesting book, but overall geared toward sporting rifles, which I've consistently found incredibly boring but now have something of a new regard for.

Latest posts