What are people charging to open up loading port on shotguns?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I opened up my loading port on my own shotgun using hand files, a dremel with a sanding disk, and sand paper to finish it up. One of the guys I shoot with wants me to do his for him, as he is not mechanicaly inclined, and does not want to send it off to someone and not have a gun for several weeks. I could get it from him on a weekend match, and bring it back to him at the following weeks match.

I have no idea how much people are charging to do this though. I know it'll take me a few hours to do if I take my time and do it right. Don't want to overcharge the guy though. Anyone know what people are charging to do this?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
if you take his gun to work on it, you need to have an FFL.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Only if he is engaged in the business. A one time thing is ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let me rephrase my statement a little......

if you take his gun to work on it & charge him, you need to have an FFL.

Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
If it's a legal grey area, I'd rather not mess with it then. No sense getting caught up in any issues.
have him over for drinks that he brings over while you do the work, and have him bring enough so that he leaves some...

Real Name said:
I didn't realize this was an option for my M2 or I would have done so.
that is only an option for the gentleman above.
I drink alone. All by myself.

benny hill

We charge $150.00 for the work. It is done in a milling machine with DRO to get even cuts and hand finished. It needs to not only be deeo but WIDE angel cuts. Turn time is usually about one week.

Latest posts