West Point, NY shooter

neboob

Fanatic
[SIZE=11pt]I was encouraged by a classmate to get involved (long time lurker) in this forum after taking Advanced Combat Pistol Level 1 from T.D.S.A. this past weekend. [cross posting with modifications from brianenos][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]I am a cadet at USMA and I will be in NY for about 16 more months. I am a male in my early 20s and consider myself a tactical/self-defense shooter first and use competition to drive myself to get better. Currently going through NY CCL process (I won't be able to compete/train using my own firearm until I complete this... found this out the hard way). [/SIZE]I look forward to shooting competitively in any way I can (USPSA, IDPA, run & gun / 3 gun / multigun etc.)

I have completed Advanced Combat Pistol Level 1 from T.D.S.A.

I research the hell out of anything before deciding...

I currently own a Glock 19 Gen 4 (it's my do everything handgun right now... competition, ccw etc) and an Accurate Iron Benelli M2 from [SIZE=11pt]Mike Cyrwus[/SIZE].

Future purchases?
-Glock 19 upgrades: better trigger (running stock right now.. but I learned to love the Glock 17 competition trigger I used last weekend which I believe was 3.5 pounds), 10 round mags since I'm in NY for now
-An AR15 (gotta go check the classifieds) and a "battle rifle". I am the most familiar with the [SIZE=11pt]AR15/M4/M16 family due to familiarity through training/time. However, I fell in love with the SCAR 17 (upgrade on power and a battle rifle's durability, ruggedness, and versatility).. but I need an AR15 to compete or I'll be at a disadvantage in anything other than the heavy division (I'll just end up getting both when I move to another post).[/SIZE]
-I really like the FNX-45 Tactical and the H&K 45s
-A .22 rifle so I can plink
-A precision rifle. I've been eyeing rifles from GA Precision. 338 has caught my attention. Won't be getting this one for about 2 years though.

I like setting my self up for success so I'm not afraid to shell out for quality

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome to the party! Sounds like you're well on your way to success with TDSA and an Accurate Iron Benelli M2. If you're not afraid to buy it right the first time I'll just leave these here for you to think about. These are my personal sponsors but they are one step sbove the top tier stuff IMHO.

Infinity Firearms Pistols & Rhino Arms Rifles

Last but not least the Thug Life competition pistol. Yes I have one on order.

neboob

Fanatic
Loving the Rhino Arms firearms.. Jesse has been helpful in swaying me towards them but I did my homework the past few days and it seems that there is no way that I can own AR15s (nonhandicapped ones that I would be interested in owning anyway) in NY. Going to wait until I leave in about 419 days, 13 hours, and 21 minutes... but who's counting?

Look at this clever abomination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d_OifClE9Q

Latest posts