Went to the range today with my Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an RIA 1911 in 9mm and it normally runs great. Having said that, it does not like certain types of ammo. I have had nothing but problems with Winchester 9mm 124 Gr Nato rounds...stove piping, failure to feed, etc. Yet with Federal American Eagle 9mm in 115 Gr it cycles perfectly. So I've come to the conclusion that the RIA 9mm is very picky about what it likes to eat.
Interesting. I had mine out yesterday for the first time. RIA FS 9MM Ultra. It ran Blue bullet 147 grain reloads perfectly that cause my Fusion to cough a little bit, and they won't run at all in a Colt Combat unit. I mean they lock the gun up.

I also ran flat nosed conical FMJ that my Fusion won't feed well, and the Fusion has not been persnickity in the past. The flat nosed bullets ran perfectly. I didn't try running my WWB 124gr NATO so I'll have to see how that does, but I was left with the impression yesterday that this RIA was much less particular than others.

jennflip

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea Pappy,it isTool/DP/for all 1911 Extractor removal--Tool 5-19--you will think you have died and gone to heaven it is so easy!!!! 15$

Latest posts