Wanting to get back into ipsc.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Shopping around for a good gun to get back into the ipsc matches. I never really wanted to compete all that much, I just think of it as a more interesting way to target shoot. :)

Anyways I'm thinking about going with a springfield xd (used a glock 17) before. I think I was in the production division. I had fiber sights on my glock, everything else was stock. Am I understanding correctly that if I wanted to shoot in that division again I need to get the 9mm 4.5" and not the 5.25"? if I get the 5.25" that puts me in with all the race guns right?

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I like Production Division myself, as there is a feeling of satisfaction when I see my name higher on the standings than Limited or Open shooters. You can do trigger jobs, aftermarket sights, really about any internal thing you feel necessary, as long as it doesn't go (If I remember right) more than two ounces over stock weight.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Bought a new xd-9 today. Perfect all around gun I can use for pretty much anything until I go nuts and buy a dedicated ipsc gun. :)

Springfield is running a special right now where they send you 3 free magazines and pouch when you buy a gun, so I'll get all my ipsc magazines for free. :D

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Adam Striegel said:
Bought a new xd-9 today. Perfect all around gun I can use for pretty much anything until I go nuts and buy a dedicated ipsc gun. :)

Springfield is running a special right now where they send you 3 free magazines and pouch when you buy a gun, so I'll get all my ipsc magazines for free. :D
Don't listen to the A holes above.

What they are saying is We shoot USPSA in the USofA. Unless of course you're attending the world shoot.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Lol sorry. I couldn't remember which one I used to sign up for. I just remember it was a lot more fun than standing in a range shooting paper. :)

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
And there it is... More fun than standing on a range shooting paper. I don't understand why more people don't get into it. I try all the time to get new people to come out and at least watch a match so there's no pressure. I'm still amazed at the number of soldiers who consider themselves to be good shooters because they score expert on an army qual course. The benefits of competition, whether you look a it from a training aspect or from the sheer fun of it, are amazing. I wish I was better at selling it to people. I even offer to provide the guns, ammo, and gear for a person's first time out. I've had one taker in three years of offering.

In retrospect, I should probably pitch the idea while clothed, or at least before doing the Helicopter.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
David Marlow said:
And there it is... More fun than standing on a range shooting paper. I don't understand why more people don't get into it. I try all the time to get new people to come out and at least watch a match so there's no pressure. I'm still amazed at the number of soldiers who consider themselves to be good shooters because they score expert on an army qual course. The benefits of competition, whether you look a it from a training aspect or from the sheer fun of it, are amazing. I wish I was better at selling it to people. I even offer to provide the guns, ammo, and gear for a person's first time out. I've had one taker in three years of offering.

In retrospect, I should probably pitch the idea while clothed, or at least before doing the Helicopter.
I've tried getting a buddy to go with me too. I think next time I'll just kidnap him and drive him to a match in my trunk. I'm certain once he sees a match all will be forgiven.