Want to get some work done to SVI

Bk2X

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone have any recommendations to get some work done to my SVI .40

The gun needs a reliability tune, but I also want to get some slide cut outs, grip stipling, and get it coated. Let me know as I have no prob driving it within a 200 mile radius of okc.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Who wasn't interested?
I think he was saying Mike wasn't interested.
I know Mike's super busy, The last time I spoke with him he had multiple full custom builds waiting on him. That said it may be just a lack of time/resources rather than a lack of interest.

Bk2X

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah Wall, that's what I figured as I know a couple guys getting full builds done.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yeah Wall, that's what I figured as I know a couple guys getting full builds done.

Thanks for the recommendations.
If it can wait, Mike does 1st class work. But as you already know, he's in high demand. If it has to be done now, there's alot of people that like Kevin Toothman in the tulsa area. I've never dealt with him, but know quite a few that have.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Also, for the reliabilty tune you could contact Dr. Barry Greyson in Northwest OKC. He can definately get it running like a sewing machine. Barry has done alot of work for me & the quality is excellent. Unfortunately, Barry isn't a machinist so he won't be able to help with the lightening, but he could probably send it off to get done for you.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
For the grip stipling, look on Brian Enos forum or Brazos, etc. There's a few places you can buy them.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
you may also talk to donald fransson of franson firearms. He is a sponsor here and I know does gunsmithing work.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
you may also talk to donald fransson of franson firearms. He is a sponsor here and I know does gunsmithing work.

I am in the process of moving/opening a gun store, that combined with the large number of restorations I have going on right now I will not be able to take on any more jobs until October.

Sorry
Donald
fransonfirearms

DirtDiver

Fanatic
Does anyone have any recommendations to get some work done to my SVI .40

The gun needs a reliability tune, but I also want to get some slide cut outs, grip stipling, and get it coated. Let me know as I have no prob driving it within a 200 mile radius of okc.

Bryant,

Did you give any consideration in sending the SVI gun back to SVI. Brandon, at SVI will do all the work you mentioned, often times he will replace parts on the SVI that were originally installed by SVI. Brandon does and amazing trigger job and what better place to have custom work done than the folks who made the gun.

If you need a contact number for Brandon at SVI please send me a PM.

Latest posts