Walmart Ammo returning?

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
I saw why the Walmart in Yukon never has any ammo when I get by there.

This morning about 8:50am I went, and like I always do when I have to go there I went down the ammo aisle. There were 4 older men there "camped" out in front of the ammo cabinet, all visiting like they're old friends. I went about my shopping and went back by the aisle nearly an hour later and they were still there "sitting" in the same spots.

I got the feeling this was an every day ritual for them, so I guess I'll never see another brick of .22 in Yukon for a very long time. I've not seen 9mm, .40, .45, .380, 38sp, or .22lr in there for months anytime I'm there.

I wonder if they are actually buying it to shoot, or flipping it for profit.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Steve McGinley said:

This morning about 8:50am I went, and like I always do when I have to go there I went down the ammo aisle. There were 4 older men there "camped" out in front of the ammo cabinet, all visiting like they're old friends. I went about my shopping and went back by the aisle nearly an hour later and they were still there "sitting" in the same spots.

I got the feeling this was an every day ritual for them, so I guess I'll never see another brick of .22 in Yukon for a very long time. I've not seen 9mm, .40, .45, .380, 38sp, or .22lr in there for months anytime I'm there.

guessing the same thing happens in edmond... never see any ammo on the shelf..

foghorn918

.....and confirmed, this from anOther Site threAd this morning:

"Re: Yukon Walmart this morning
Most of us meet there every morning to see what comes in on the truck. There are a few that magically appear whenever something good comes in on the truck. I am not sure how it happens but I have been showing up there every morning for the past three weeks."

Armyguy78

Well-Known Fanatic
My buddy called me from Walmart last night in Kansas City and said that they had nine 500 round boxes of Tulammo for a $154 a box. I had him pick one up for me and he bought two for himself, with the limit being 3. He said that the employee just left them in the cart and said that there was no point in stocking it. Then he asked my buddy "so how much do you think I could make off of a box of this stuff? I don't own a gun but I noticed people are buying it so I think I will ask my wife tonight". But like Jesse said earlier they will eventually run out of money and stop selling it to each other.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Steve McGinley said:

Yep, they are there every morning. And usually hang around until the UPS truck arrives to see if any guns come in. If something does come in they are on the phones and have the counter swarmed within minutes. I know at least one of the guys is a dealer.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
That's rational behavior if Wal-Mart is selling below market price.

I imagine that I will be less mellow and understanding when I run out of primers.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Sometimes I think a one box limit would be better than a 3 box limit. If we can get those dicks out of there the shelves will fill back up eventually.

Academy always has ammo.

Cause you can't hoard it or resell it one box at a time.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Sometimes I think a one box limit would be better than a 3 box limit. If we can get those dicks out of there the shelves will fill back up eventually.

Academy always has ammo.

Cause you can't hoard it or resell it one box at a time.
One box at a time though doesn't replenish what you shoot up in a match.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
kdf9511 said:
One box at a time though doesn't replenish what you shoot up in a match.
sure it will, if you go multiple time between matches.
It sucks having to go many times to buy some, but at least you'd more likey to get it when you went.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
sure it will, if you go multiple time between matches.
It sucks having to go many times to buy some, but at least you'd more likey to get it when you went.
That doens't work when the closest Acadamy is 65 miles away. I would like to be able to stop there on the way back from an OKCGC match and restock what I just shot. I'm not saying a box limit is no good but one box is just a just a bit too little when it's possible that all they have are 50 rd boxes of pistol or 20 rd of rifle.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
kdf9511 said:
That doens't work when the closest Acadamy is 65 miles away. I would like to be able to stop there on the way back from an OKCGC match and restock what I just shot. I'm not saying a box limit is no good but one box is just a just a bit too little when it's possible that all they have are 50 rd boxes of pistol or 20 rd of rifle.
there's not going to be a system that's perfect for everyone, I don't like it either.
But as I said, it beats driving all the way there just to find empty shelves.

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
This ammo hoarding and gouging has got to stop. These guys swoop in every morning at any store that sells ammo and as soon as it hits the shelf they buy it up. Then it either goes into their stash or they put it up for sale at triple cost on Armslist or the other local forums that have classifieds or sales. Somebody has to figure out how to end this. At my house we can't shoot our AR's, our 9mm's or .22's at all and haven't since last year. I can't even find .22LR and yet somehow these scumbags always show up with it no problem at a huge price increase of course. I haven't been able to even buy a single round of any caliber since last December despite searching every online source I can think of multiple times per week.

The only caliber ammo we've found on the shelves in OKC has been .40 S&W so my bff and I went and bought some .40 caliber guns just so we could go shoot once a month (she got a Walther P99 and I got an M&P40).

I just can't understand how if all these ammunition manufacturers are working 24/7 now there is still no ammo at online stores or locally, where is it going? I've never been a conspiracy believer but I'm actually starting to wonder if the government has found a way to disarm us without taking away the guns by keeping us ammoless.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
One thing this market driven ammo hoarding and gouging has taught me, is to make every round count as though you had made each one your self.

oldglock

Well-Known Fanatic
Guthrie Walmart had several 50 round boxes of Federal 115 fmj one day last week at about $15. Doubt it lasted long.
There is a rumor that the same walmart had a few CCI mini mag 22lr at about the same time. The 22 rimfire is all I really care about and have been told to show up and get in line at 7am on Wendsdays and I might or might not get lucky.

The Antichrome

My local walmart has ammo shelves full of .223, 9mm, .40, .380 and more.
No .22lr...

I just bought some WWB, but they had the Tula spam cans of .223 (and lots of them)
I'm sure they'll be gone by tomorrow.

dennishoddy

Guy at work this morning told me he went to our Wal-Mart and there were 20 people lined up at the ammo counter at 9pm last night. Clerk was selling from a dolly. Never made it to the counter.

foghorn918

Finally saw some normal calibers of ammo today at the Yukon Walmart. I picked up 3 100 rnd boxes of CCI mini mag .22lr. I told the clerk it was the first time I'd seen .22lr since before christmas, and he replied we finally got more ammo in today than the same "old" guys the come in everyday could buy up. So at least the 3 box limit left some on the shelves today.

They also had Federal 9mm in 50 and 100 rnd boxes, 45 acp, Federal .223 100 rnd packs, and some Tula brass .223

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
I think it'd funny how some guys will go to Walmart every morning to buy ammo but they won't go to the range all month to shoot it.
Exactly. It's cool if they're shooting it, but all they want to do is screw their fellow gun enthusiasts.

Latest posts