vortex pst worth $200 over burris tac30?

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
Ive read a million reviews of the two and have come to the conclusion that the vortex pst is the better scope; but do you think its worth 200 over the burris tac 30?

sonny74

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got this scope. I don't have any experiences with the Tac-30. I have been using the millet DMS and the Vortex is 10x better. The optic is so clear and bright and I really like the reticle of the Viper. With the Millet, if you don't keep your eye perfectly center you will partially lose the image but with the Vortex I can able to not have a perfect position and still see the whole image.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I'm curious where you came across anything that shows its better? Everything about the Tac-30 shows that is is an OUTSTANDING scope - esp for under 300 bucks...

Thats the way I plan on going for sure

sonny74

Well-Known Fanatic
I think you miss read my post. I said I didn't have any experience with the Tac-30. My comparison was with the Millet DMS.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Actually - I was referring to the post above - "Ive read a million reviews of the two and have come to the conclusion that the vortex pst is the better scope" :-D

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
IMO I think that if you like to range with your reticle and be able to dial instead of hold over/under then the vortex is well worth the 200. I'm torn between the 1-4pst and the 2.5-10pst for my coyote AR.

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm curious where you came across anything that shows its better? Everything about the Tac-30 shows that is is an OUTSTANDING scope - esp for under 300 bucks...

Thats the way I plan on going for sure
Ill see if I can find one of the 2 sites that had a scope review..it didnt say directly that the PST was better than the TAC 30...it said it was the best 1-4 scope in the $300-600 range...which I guess if you say the tac 30 is 299.99 or whatever..then it wouldnt be in that range i guess

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Gotcha - I'm just curios - I was in teh same boat as you a month or so ago and everything I read praised the Tac-30 - so my thought was why spend the extra 200 if the Tac-30 is such a great scope...

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
Last time I checked the tac30 was nowhere to be found. Back ordered until late this month. I say if the 200 dollar millet has been good enough for most then the 300 dollar Burris should be a rally great scope for the money. Especially after reading all the reviews. Sure you not going to get a bad review on the vortex but its twice as much. You shouldn't! I haven't had my hands on the tac30 yet But I'm really expecting it to be on par with the vortex. Can't wait to get one.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-1-4x24-fullfield-tac30-illum-ballistic-cq-5-56-riflescope.html

If you do some looking around you can find coupon codes for like 10% off at optics planet very easily...

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
I litttterrallly called just about every place that said they had them with no luck. Optics planet was the first on the list. I called another place in TX that told me they get around ten calls a day about the tac30. This was about 3 weeks ago so maybe they are in stock now. I was told by most end or April. They all half to get them from midway. Its exclusive.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I hate when websites don't show stock. I ordered one from SWFA a while back and a day or two later got an email saying it was out of stock. How hard is it to show stock on an ecommerece websites (I know this answer - NOT VERY)

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
IMO I think that if you like to range with your reticle and be able to dial instead of hold over/under then the vortex is well worth the 200. I'm torn between the 1-4pst and the 2.5-10pst for my coyote AR.

Please speak up if you get a 2.5-10, I'd love to look through one.

I'm torn between that one and the Trijicon 2.5-10.

Latest posts