Vortex Crossfire 1-4

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I just saw this scope at H&H today with a sticker of $199.00
It has the duplex cross hair reticle, so no hash marks for 2-300 yards which is kind of a bummer, but since OKCGC isn't doing past 100 yards right now it might make one hell of a budget scope. It also has capped turrets which is a plus for 3 gunnin.
I'm thinking I might pick one up in the next month or two.
Has anyone used one yet? Have any feedback?

Attachments

• Vortex-CFII-1-4x24-Scope.jpg
    Vortex-CFII-1-4x24-Scope.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 6

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
For $250 that could be a Tac30, MTAC killer. I'm excited about having illumination in my backup fun scopes.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Crossfire is their lowest line of glass but still not bad. I might grab one to check out against my MTAC.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
If I was getting started in 3 gun this scope is the way I would go, covered adjustment knobs so you won't bump them. just learn where to put the reticle when shooting at 300 by actually shooting the gun & the price is right. Winner Winner
I put a vortex crossfire (cant remember the power) on the old ought 6 several years ago and have been happy with it.

UCO Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Never seen a primary arms scope so I wouldn't be able to tell you... But for that kind of money and the reputation that vortex has, you can't beat it! I love my Viper PST 1-4x24

I've been searching scopes for the past two weeks myself...I like the Vortex brand and several others, but can't cough up the 1k plus to get what I really want right now
my biggest issue is...I've never shot with a scope much in my life...so I know very little about them..

I "think" I want a First Focal Plane scope...
can anyone tell me if I'm off base, or pros and cons of FFP vs 2nd that's actually used both for 3gun?

if 2nd focal plane is your choice...this is cheap 1x6 option http://www.midwayusa.com/product/994102/bsa-tactical-multi-gun-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-6x-24mm-illuminated-ez-223-ballistic-reticle-matte
and they have additional discounts right now, but I don't know if you can combine them...

for myself...as of now..I'm looking for the best 1x6 first focal plane (unless convinced that 2nd FP is what I want) I can find for less than 300.00 myself...
these are on my list...

I've looked at the Primary arms 1x6 too, but have yet to see one in stock...

http://www.amazon.com/KANDAR-1-6x28-Riflescope-Mil-dot-Reticle/dp/B00E6N8QA8/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1394809195&sr=1-2&keywords=2013+kandar

http://www.amazon.com/Firefield-Focal-Plane-Illuminated-Riflescope/dp/B006Z7Q3J4/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1394809256&sr=1-3&keywords=firefield

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Illuminated-Reticle-Riflescope-Turrets/dp/B00AU6EIIY/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1394809314&sr=1-2&keywords=bushnell+ar
this one comes with a free millet mount...est value 74.99 for a limited time

I'm leaning toward the 1x4 bushnell FFP as of right now even though it's a 1x4 the good: the free mount and the built in throw down... for 263.00/shipped....the bad....caps don't lock and it's 1x4. The Kandar seems like a good price point for a ffp 1x6, but otherwise I know nothing about it.
I'm sticking with illuminated as I've been shooting a red dot for awhile and I'm getting less young by the day

thoughts...

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Let me know what you think. Going to replace the kid's 1-4 Nikon with either a Vortex or a Mtac / tac-30 thingy. I am not going to spoil myself with the bushnell so he won't be getting my sightron.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
First focal plane only matters when you need to use your reticle to mil @ various powers typically on 4-16x to 5-25x scopes.
If the scope is only four or six max power chances are if you are looking or holding at a distance you will be at max magnification therefore the mil reticle will be accurate.
Translation is 1-4 1-6 second focal plane is fine

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just picked one up from Optics planet. Went with the non illuminated cause there ain't much use in 3 gun for a night only illuminated scope unless you only shoot night matches.

Latest posts