Visit to Alchemy/Cabot Yesterday

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I made it to Alchemy Custom Weaponry yesterday for a scheduled tour and talk with Rob, what a great guy.. No rush, no push to look and leave, was very friendly and personable with a ton of experience, knowledge, and professionalism.. But, the single most thing that impressed me most was his dedication to create the best firearm for the customer as he could.

The above statement does just about say it all. But, Robs commitment to quality, and function of a firearm is as good as it gets.. A person who takes genuine pride and personal satisfaction in building the best gun possible.. The experience he has over the years working for other top makers in the industry, takes a second seat to his personal knowledge of the inner workings and over all functionality of a 1911 handgun. Which we all know is much more important then what the gun looks like. But, not only are the guns functionally as close to perfection as you could ask for they also aren't to hard on the eye.

I say eye, because the day prior I was fitting some trigger parts in a Ruger 10/22 and I ended up with a piece of a gritted buff wheel off a dremel embedded in my cornea, so when I got there my vision was about 50% and I am sure Robs first look at me brought about the thought of how good was that $hit he smoked on the way here lmao... Between the scratched cornea and my dry eye problem both eyes looked like someone who was having the life squeezed out of them lol..

Anyway I seen tons off impressive things, asked quite a few questions, and walked away very impressed. Thanks to Rob, @AlchemyCustomWeaponry for making me feel welcome, not looking down on my menial knowledge of the platform and taking so much time to make my day well worth the trip..

When I left I went our for a mediocre meal with my lovely wife, talked about the day, and headed off to take care of a request from her to stop and pick up a few grocery items. I then proceeded to lock myself out of my truck and had to call a locksmith to get me back in my truck. So, in all I had the pleasure of meeting two Smiths yesterday. The one of which I could of did without, the other that I am glad and honored to have met and shared some quality 1911 discussion time with.

In what seemed to be a short period of time which was actually 3 hours, I feel like I got some confirmation that I am at least headed in the right direction in my approach to what are some of the more important aspects of the platform. I also hope that I am able to uphold that commitment to excellence I seen at my visit to the facility..

As well it was an inspiration to see the excitement in Robs face as well as hear it in his voice that he has been given the opportunity to fulfill his vision on a whole new level.. And to fulfill a dream that started as far back as a bus ride home from school in Geneso, Illinois Thanks again Rob, for the time you took out of your busy schedule to meet with me.

I know this is long, but a few words would not do justice to the time spent yesterday with one of the best Gunsmiths in the industry.

Respectfully,
Steve Owens

Last edited:

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice......this is about exactly what I had suspected you would say.
Still a bit jealous.......I suppose I'll make it there someday.

Thanks for the bit of insight into Cabot/Alchemy

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice......this is about exactly what I had suspected you would say.
Still a bit jealous.......I suppose I'll make it there someday.

Thanks for the bit of insight into Cabot/Alchemy
Yes sir, was a wonderful experience.. Oh, and I failed to mention I was jealous over his HellCat lol.. And there was a custom bass guitar there made by one of the workers that was really cool. I'll post a pic in just a bit..

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
LOL I have told Rob to bring it down and Run my Vette!! We laugh about it! He is first class all the way. All of my pistols he has built have been flawless!!

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
LOL I have told Rob to bring it down and Run my Vette!! We laugh about it! He is first class all the way. All of my pistols he has built have been flawless!!
I can definitely see why, he is very dedicated to building a quality piece.

DukeSoprano

Well-Known Fanatic
413859679.jpg