Virginia to drop reciprocity with multiple states.

NightShade

Well-Known Fanatic
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-revokes-handgun-permit-agreement-with-25-states/2015/12/22/9cde9804-a8c6-11e5-b596-113f59ee069a_story.html

The states whose permits Virginia will no longer recognize are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. The move means that Virginians will no longer be able to use their concealed handgun permits in six states that require a mutual reciprocity agreement: Florida, Louisiana, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wyoming. The only states that have tough enough laws to maintain their reciprocity agreement with Virginia are: Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and West Virginia. States are currently being notified about the change, which goes into effect on Feb. 1st 2016.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
interesting. I wonder what changed about the Virginia law that made those state's laws not tough enough.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
interesting. I wonder what changed about the Virginia law that made those state's laws not tough enough.
I think it has more to do with the commie governor that got elected in 2014.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I still say that the Supreme Court's decision on same-sex marriage basically paves the way for universal reciprocity.

Docneeley

Well-Known Fanatic
I noticed WA also modified their reciprocity list. The reason is they now require a mental health background check to issue a CCW. I think after the shootings caused by mentally ill individuals, the states are CYA.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Docneeley said:
I noticed WA also modified their reciprocity list. The reason is they now require a mental health background check to issue a CCW. I think after the shootings caused by mentally ill individuals, the states are CYA.
What the hell is a mental health background check?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Docneeley said:
The nature of rights is that CYA does not apply