Veterans Charity Match

Airic

I shoot.
Im putting this here in local matches because its going to be a really laid back match like a club match. Stages are not over complicated, its just gonna be fun.

Veterans Appreciation Practical Pistol Match
Veterans Appreciation
open
Match starts: September 10, 2017 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: September 10, 2017 @ 7:00 PM

Veterans Appreciation Practical Pistol Match is dedicated to raising proceeds for the VET Organization 22KILL. 22KILL works to raise awareness to the veteran suicide epidemic that is plaguing our country. Started in 2013 after the VA released the staggering statistic that an average of 22 veterans are killed by suicide every day.

The match is a outlaw practical pistol match using the USPSA rule set and divisions. We will have four stages for the main match that will require a minimum of 85 rounds. Trophies will be given for each Division Champion and other high finishers based on USPSA rules. There will be two quick and fun "Side Match" stages
using provided Firearms/Ammo available at $10 a try. Top score on each side match stage wins a prize. Overall Champion of the match will be determined by the competitor with the best average score for the main match and two side match stages. Overall Champion will win a custom pistol!!! Random prize table planned also. If you have any further questions feel free to call in to the store 405-256-6506 or stop by at Defcon Firearms & Training Center at 825 SW 19th Street, Moore, OK 73160.

Registration link:
https://practiscore.com/veterans-appreciation-practical-pistol-match/register

Airic

I shoot.
Matt Rigsby said:
Unfortunately a lot of us will be in Tulsa for the Area 4 match.
Of course, I wish I would have been involved with this match earlier before the date was set. There is a large population of shooters in the state that do not attend major USPSA matches though. Look at last weekends OKCGC USPSA. 76 shooters and I bet not even a third of them go to majors. I would love to have them at this match.

Wedelj1231

Well-Known Fanatic
Good match today guys. It was fun! Hopefully we can get more people in on it next year.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I went to the site and it said "registrations closed", but I didn't see anything leading to the scores for that match. Also tried a search by date and didn't find anything.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I think you were in the matches section of practiscore instead of the results section.

Airic

I shoot.
Thanks to everyone for coming out. I feel like we all had a pretty good time. There were some speed bumps during the match trying to get 4 organizations working together. A lot of the crew at Tri-City Gun Club said they learned a lot about practical pistol matches and running matches. There were some pretty strict range restrictions in place, but we came up with some fun stages within those restrictions.

Matt posted the scores above. Carl Fraizer took home the custom 22Kill Glock Pistol along with a custom knife. The third place overall finisher Jesse Tingler also took home a custom knife.

Heres my video from the match:
https://youtu.be/0Jf1wiZVH5A

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Yeah the rules down there by Santa Clause are ridiculous. I've had several discussions/disagreements with him about how I try to set stages for the monthly match.
I'm glad things worked out though.
Sorry I couldn't make it, I had already signed up to RO for Area 4.

Latest posts