Vehicle Shopping

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Looking for a new vehicle, I have a truck that I don't plan to get rid of. Looking for a car/SUV type grocery getter.

I've driven a Ford Focus, Mazda 3, and a Dodge Caliber. I kind of like the concept of the hatchback. Also driven an Altima and a Maxima, liked the Maxima quite a bit more. I need something that I could pack 2 guys in with all their 3 gun stuff or put a 90 pound dog in to take to the vet.

Anyone drive something that would fit those needs? I'm fairly lanky so good head and leg room is a must, the 3 little hatchbacks were slightly short on those, but we're much bigger inside than I expected. Trying to stay under 20 grand but I'd spend more for something that fit my needs better.

David2U

Active Fanatic
I know several people who have bought Toyota lately. Nothing down, 5-6 year financing [can't remember which at the moment] and zero % interest to qualified buyers. They are very happy. Their payments are a little over $300 a month.

I'm a big guy so I have a big ole Grand Marquis. But if I were looking at a small economical car for chasing around town to run errands with.. I'd sure consider a small Kia SUV. I drove one back from another state that was a insurance company recovery. It had been stolen in Oklahoma and recovered several states away. It drove pretty darn comfortably and got excellent gas mileage. Had a 5 yr warranty on it.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I thought about an F250. I can probably find a good example for 30,000, I just don't need it.

Guns I am not reasonable about, vehicles I am.
Plus I was asking Mike about his Civic. Those Hondas were good vehicles.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
technetium-99m said:
I need something that I could pack 2 guys in with all their 3 gun stuff or put a 90 pound dog in to take to the vet.
You just described my Mazda 3 hatchback, though I'm not as tall as you are. If I were any taller I'd probably need a different car.

I know a guy with a Ford Flex, and let me tell you: if you don't care what the car looks like, the cargo room and leg room are awesome.

mattmiller (Robusto) said:
I won't sell you my forester.
forester would be a great choice. 2 guys and three gun gear for a national drive-to match would be easy and perfect for it.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
dr poopgiggle said:
You just described my Mazda 3 hatchback, though I'm not as tall as you are. If I were any taller I'd probably need a different car.I know a guy with a Ford Flex, and let me tell you: if you don't care what the car looks like, the cargo room and leg room are awesome.
I found that the hatchbacks have a shitload of space for how big they are. The Caliber's rear seat damn near folds down flat and you have more real estate than any trunk I've seen. Only drawback is I could see it getting cramped after 3 plus hours. The joys of being tall.
mike cyrwus said:
kbb is 1300, but Id feel better selling it to someone i dont know.
That says it all, keep it and drive it into the ground.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Burk Cornelius said:
F-350 Dually PowerStroke
Was that the one I saw a Chevy pulling down the road with you screaming slow down?
Did you get it fixed? The truck I mean.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I think Burki was selling a CRV not too long ago, you might check with him.

Latest posts