USPSA @ USSA 3/22

Steve Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
Obviously Rob and Jerry cut the chain link fence and set the match up under the cover of darkness. Then they set a crazy early start time(10:00am) knowing full well that it would be way outside the realm of possible for a range officer to drive by before the match and discover the shady bay # usage.
"Old Age and Treachery overcome Youth and Skill".

Plus I think they both know where the missing plane is.

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
it doesnt make a **** who did it, although it really does and that person should have been punished if not fired for it...it was wrong, it was ****ed up and it never should have happened, period!!!

The Antichrome

Prov1x said:
it doesnt make a **** who did it, although it really does and that person should have been punished if not fired for it...it was wrong, it was ****ed up and it never should have happened, period!!!
Dude, are you still at Fishbonz?

You are correct though...if the employees can make a decision, or take an action, or cause an action that affects nearly 40 members (in a negative or positive way) their supervisors or owners should be made aware of it within minutes.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
I just received a sign of hope that USPSA at USSA may rise from the dead.

Perhaps there with be positive changes from this fiasco...

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
jeffhughes said:
I just received a sign of hope that USPSA at USSA may rise from the dead.

Perhaps there with be positive changes from this fiasco...
and what would that be?

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
I really love my gun club.
I also love that same gun club

You also started a post of how great USSA was compared to okcgc is a couple years ago.

The is not always greener on the other side. Member run clubs will always represent shooters much better then for profit clubs. I'm a capitalist and have no issue with companies making money. But non-profit member clubs have many more like minds.

Businesses are, with good reason, in business to try to appeal to their customers and make money. Quick decisions made to keep paying members happy may not always be the best business decision. This almost sums up the last five (5) owners of USSA. (I may be exaggeratting on the number of recent owners).

slider

Hired Gun
I was one of the folks who met with Karen, the owner of the range, after the match. My impressions are that the Owners were not aware that the knuckleheads who made the poor customer service decision to irritate the **** out of 40 shooters were doing what they did. Now, I also got the impression that this would be addressed and that they would take corrective measures. However, leadership means taking responsibility for your people and Karen stepped up to the plate on that score. She really felt bad that this happened.

We made several recommendations to her the first and foremost of which was that they personally contact Rob, Kelly and Jerry and apologize for the boneheaded decision and how it all shook out. Rob, Kelly and Jerry VOLUNTEER their time to set up a match (thank you guys for all you have done!) and their efforts and our entry fees make money for the range. We also recommended that they get a better grasp of what bays are being used for what. We recommended a large board with the bays on it that everyone can see and that they keep track on it of who is where. Many on here have noted that this match was set up on Friday and the rangemaster should have been aware of what the status of the bays were and adjusted where he put 2 shooters who plinked for 30 minutes.

We also tried to emphasize to her that there are MASSIVE communication issues within their staff and that the customer service has got to be improved. I'm sure they are working toward those goals and I hope they achieve them. It remains to be seen what the official response will be but they know they have some damage control to do here.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
brandt9913 said:
I also love that same gun club
You also started a post of how great USSA was compared to okcgc is a couple years ago.
The is not always greener on the other side. Member run clubs will always represent shooters much better then for profit clubs. I'm a capitalist and have no issue with companies making money. But non-profit member clubs have many more like minds.
Businesses are, with good reason, in business to try to appeal to their customers and make money. Quick decisions made to keep paying members happy may not always be the best business decision. This almost sums up the last five (5) owners of USSA. (I may be exaggeratting on the number of recent owners).
The range setup of bays is nicer at USSA. A lot nicer. Doubt anyone would dispute that.

This topic is about their massive incompetence and laziness.

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like the ball is back in USSA's court, I hope they can patch things up with Rob, Jerry and Kelly as there are a lot of people that truly appreciate the time and effort that they put into their match. I know they are not asking for special treatment, they just want consistent competent support that both parties have agreed to. I will be back to compete in the matches if they reach an agreement as I'm sure that will not be the last match I travel to that for one reason or another is cancelled at the last minute.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
CK-1 said:
I was one of the folks who met with Karen, the owner of the range, after the match. My impressions are that the Owners were not aware that the knuckleheads who made the poor customer service decision to irritate the **** out of 40 shooters were doing what they did. Now, I also got the impression that this would be addressed and that they would take corrective measures. However, leadership means taking responsibility for your people and Karen stepped up to the plate on that score. She really felt bad that this happened.

We made several recommendations to her the first and foremost of which was that they personally contact Rob, Kelly and Jerry and apologize for the boneheaded decision and how it all shook out. Rob, Kelly and Jerry VOLUNTEER their time to set up a match (thank you guys for all you have done!) and their efforts and our entry fees make money for the range. We also recommended that they get a better grasp of what bays are being used for what. We recommended a large board with the bays on it that everyone can see and that they keep track on it of who is where. Many on here have noted that this match was set up on Friday and the rangemaster should have been aware of what the status of the bays were and adjusted where he put 2 shooters who plinked for 30 minutes.

We also tried to emphasize to her that there are MASSIVE communication issues within their staff and that the customer service has got to be improved. I'm sure they are working toward those goals and I hope they achieve them. It remains to be seen what the official response will be but they know they have some damage control to do here.
87w4SBK.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Sounds to me like the new owners are still learning the ins and outs of their business. They have had more ownership staff and organizational changes at USSA over the past 3-4 years than most clubs ever have. We all want to keep shooting matches there. So rather than throw our hands up and say f#%£ it maybe we should be trying to help fix the problems and work with the new owners?

slider

Hired Gun
Jesse Tischauser said:
Sounds to me like the new owners are still learning the ins and outs of their business. They have had more ownership staff and organizational changes at USSA over the past 3-4 years than most clubs ever have. We all want to keep shooting matches there. So rather than throw our hands up and say f#%£ it maybe we should be trying to help fix the problems and work with the new owners?
Hence the meeting with them yesterday. We all want to see them succeed. BUT we want the matches to go well and no get cancelled because somebody has a brain fart!

Latest posts