USPSA PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Ballots have shipped. Look for them in the mail, and make sure to vote. I'm voting for Mike Foley.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
Ballots have shipped. Look for them in the mail, and make sure to vote. I'm voting for Mike Foley.
It's the beard ain't it? you just love facial hair.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
NcrfiOl.gif

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Three of them were interviewed on Ben Stoeger's program. Paul Hyland was the one who elected not to go on.

You can watch them on his YouTube channel and read what they sent into front sight to get an idea of their backgrounds. Personally I think either Jack or Mike would do fine. I voted for Mike Foley.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Folks I've been out f the loop for a year or so... who looks like the best fit to get things done? I am going to do some research but I know some of you may know the folks running so thought I'd ask. Later,

Kirk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Mike Foley has good ideas that are actually concrete, as opposed to ideas that are vague and unrefined.

buzzdraw

Active Fanatic
I've been out of USPSA match competition for a couple years now but am still a member and CRO. In past years, as recently as 2009, I made it to the Nationals in various divisions; would like to do it again. I think the first Nationals I shot was in 1981 and have made it to several others through the years.

This is an important election. I'd encourage people to go online and find various interviews and such; that's what I'm doing. Don't know yet who will get my vote as I'm still researching.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Ben Stoeger interview with Mike Foley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ooXTBk1G1c

Ben Stoeger interview with Jack Suber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCVaEwMSEGs

Ben Stoeger interview with Manny Bragg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D0ZfgH0zgM

Paul Hyland declined interview

buzzdraw

Active Fanatic
In fairness to Paul Hyland here is the link to his USPSA Presidential platform. http://www.liveshots.net/downloads/USPSA2016.pdf

Here is his USPSA election information from items published in Front Sight http://uspsa.org/2015Candidates.php?can=paul

Paul's reason for not going the video route that the other three candidates used is that the interviewer is noted for using rough language. It's Paul's choice to avoid that sort of language potential if he wishes.

I've listened to the other three candidates interviews; good thing to do while cranking on the reloading press in the interests of useful multi-tasking.

Now its time to weigh all four. A USPSA President must work with the Board on most issues; he will not be capable of being making most decisions unilaterally. I am looking for someone who can lead/develop consensus. I am also looking for business acumen and knowledge of building/operating a non-profit.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
technetium-99m said:
Three of them were interviewed on Ben Stoeger's program. Paul Hyland was the one who elected not to go on.

You can watch them on his YouTube channel and read what they sent into front sight to get an idea of their backgrounds. Personally I think either Jack or Mike would do fine. I voted for Mike Foley.
After reading all the stuff in Front Sight and all the websites and Facebook I came to the same exact conclusion.

I went with Mike Foley but could have voted for Suber too. MF got my vote because I was leaning towards him anyway but him being classified in every division sealed the deal.

buzzdraw

Active Fanatic
Gotta remember that what the new President WANTS in a written platform he may not get. Sort like the platforms our various local, state and federal candidates put out there and then cannot deliver on.

I am looking more for who I think can build consensus and get the Board to go along. Also I am looking for not just a businessman but someone familiar with non-profits. A non-profit is a bit different than a regular business.

I am voting for Jack Suber because I think he has more potential to get it done effectively and within solid non-profit business standards.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
greygoat said:
Gotta remember that what the new President WANTS in a written platform he may not get. Sort like the platforms our various local, state and federal candidates put out there and then cannot deliver on.

I am looking more for who I think can build consensus and get the Board to go along. Also I am looking for not just a businessman but someone familiar with non-profits. A non-profit is a bit different than a regular business.

I am voting for Jack Suber because I think he has more potential to get it done effectively and within solid non-profit business standards.
Like I said I don't think Jack Suber is a bad choice. He and Foley both seem to have a more rounded "overall" vision than the others.

Steve Moneypenny

Well-Known Fanatic
I think we have 3 good candidates, I personally know Manny, Mike, and Jack. .... I think any of the three will do a job much better than what we are seeing right now!.