USPSA Nationals Equipment Survey Results

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
There are always a lot of questions regarding what equipment is best for what we do. So I thought this survey would be a good starting point for some discussions as to why such and such is better than something else. I will update the list with the 2010 data when it becomes available.

Attachments

• 2009 USPSA Nationals Equipement Survey.XLS
    509.5 KB · Views: 819
  • 2010 USPSA Nationals Equipement Survey.XLS
    303 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 2010 IDPA Nationals Equipment Survey.xlsx
    26.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 2011 Limited & Production Nationals Equipement Survey.pdf
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,136

jtischauser

I'm pretty tight with the ladies over at USPSA. I've been trying to get to know them better since I'm hoping to be the OK Section Coordinator in June. Actually I just emailed then and they sent it over. They usually post it in front sight too. We need to get Accurate Iron a little higher in that gunsmith list!

jtischauser

Thanks Ryan!!'. Where did you find that one? It was interesting to see how much more popular the comp tac holsters are compared ribeye BladeTech. In the USPSA survey the results are more lopsided the other way. I wonder whatbthe difference is. Advertising/sponsorship or is the comp tac more concealable and the BladeTech more racer or what?

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Ryan!!'. Where did you find that one? It was interesting to see how much more popular the comp tac holsters are compared ribeye BladeTech. In the USPSA survey the results are more lopsided the other way. I wonder whatbthe difference is. Advertising/sponsorship or is the comp tac more concealable and the BladeTech more racer or what?

I got it off idpa website. I think the difference is cant have the drop holster in idpa.

jtischauser

Do you have excel? The IDPA file is the newer version that a lot of computers dont have.

The Antichrome

That makes sense but why not remove the DOH for IDPA?

Well, if you're talking about using the same holster for both IDPA and USPSA, it would be a PITA to switch back and forth. For instance, my USPSA rigs are mounted on double belts and I wouldnt care to remove them often. When I used a Bladetech, it needed to be secured with zip ties. Double belts arent allowed in IDPA, so my holsters are set up for a Wilderness belt. If you're not using a DOH setup, you may just prefer something other than a Bladetech.
Strictly my opinion, but for an 'on the belt' non-DOH, competition Kydex type holster, the Comp Tac and KyTac holsters are a bit nicer for about the same $, and the Safariland is good too, for much less $. So for the IDPA-only guys,the Bladetech is just one of many choices.

I could talk about holsters all night, but I'll keep it short;-)
I rarely shoot IDPA, but when I do, I use a Safariland.
For USPSA there arent many DOH choices (not for a CZ anyway) and I personally didnt care for the Bladetech. (I own and have have owned a lot of Bladetech stuff, its good stuff, this is not a criticism of them at all)
KyTac made me an awesome owb holster, but I really wanted a DOH style. So, Rick Edwards at Performance Holsters made me one. His DOH design rocks, it isnt a convertible like the Bladetech, but it's nicer, and is also a bit nicer than the Ready Tactical.

YMMV.

Airic

I shoot.
When i filled out my survey for this years lim/prod nationals i checked the other box on holster and wrote in capital letters TRIPLE CROWN. Hoping they will post it in the final release.

jtischauser

I just added the 2011 date for Limited and Production. They lost part of the data for the other divisions.

jtischauser

The number of Glock's in Prodcution still amazes me. I thought everyone switched to the M&P. Heck the CZ is getting more love than the M&P now.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
The number of Glock's in Prodcution still amazes me. I thought everyone switched to the M&P. Heck the CZ is getting more love than the M&P now.

you have to think about a couple of things
1. M&P is still new, most of those guys probably bought glocks before the M&P came out
2. 80% of LEO's carry glocks, that is a big influence, i have heard numerous people say, well if LEO's carry them they must be good guns
3. people hate change...

not bashing glock at all (great guns), just saying that it takes a long time to get people to shift perspective... now the number of CZ's did surprise me..

Latest posts