USPSA Accountant resigns over $144,000 in missing receipts

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I liked the comment on the brianenos thread by one fella that he pays his USPSA fees and gets more than his money's worth with matches. I agree completely. If something like that brings an organization down, it's one thing. My member dues and match fees are more than reasonable for the fun and camaraderie I get from shooting the matches, so I don't really care what happens to the money when it gets to the organization headquarters.

By the way, what is the number 7 under my number of posts? What does it mean?

<-----------------------------------------

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
David Marlow said:
I liked the comment on the brianenos thread by one fella that he pays his USPSA fees and gets more than his money's worth with matches. I agree completely. If something like that brings an organization down, it's one thing. My member dues and match fees are more than reasonable for the fun and camaraderie I get from shooting the matches, so I don't really care what happens to the money when it gets to the organization headquarters.

the number counts how many times a member has "Liked" a comment or post you made

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Awww, you shouldn't have. No, really. You shouldn't have. The post psychologist says that my short-term memory loss isn't the result of Traumatic Brain Injury, so any memory loss is psychological in nature, and I could have sworn there was a seven there. Then again, her name is Dr. Love and any shrink with the same name as a Kiss song is not to be trusted. On a humorous note, my primary doctor says Love is an idiot who shouldn't be commenting on TBI, especially with my history of over 800 explosions in an eight month period, and he put in a referral to a neuropsychologist for fun tests.

I love lamp.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I love that guy!!! Not in a gay way. I don't think. Yeah, nope. Not gay. And my head issue isn't from anything that was my fault. Mostly. I do like to say I have two brain cells left, and one's chasing the other around in my head, trying to kill it. Every once in a while they run into each other and I experience a splitting headache and a thought.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
David Marlow said:

You being a member of USPSA doesn't make the matches happen. Matches happen because of local volunteers who put forth the effort to run them.

You being a member of USPSA means that you get to use its classification system. Each club pays $3/shooter to upload your scores to USPSA's system too.

The fun and camaraderie has nothing to do with USPSA.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
That's very true. I hadn't thought of it like that. On the other hand, I'm not sure how many of those folks who do come out would come out if it were just a club shoot, rather than saying it's a Steel Challenge or USPSA match. There will always be folks who go out no matter what logo is displayed, or even if there is no "official" sanction simply because we love to shoot, but I'd bet many of the people I have met at the range wouldn't have come out had the COPS range FB page simply said "shooting get together, first Sunday and third Satuday every month. Additionally, I think the very classification system, while not indicative of actual performance potential in non-classifier stage design (I'm a B-class who regularly beats As, and Masters), is a system that encourages people to improve their shooting skill for the desire to advance.

Yep, I'm basically going back and forth until I get to the conclusion that I'm indifferent. It's a complicated process for someone with a 1.8 GPA from a Missouri public high school.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
IMG_30696897823100_zpsdc99e9ef.jpg