Used Price Range for a Nova?

Patrick Palmer

Well-Known Fanatic
I know, believe me I know. There are a ton of Nova posts on this forum, and yes, I tried the search function up top. But someone, and I won't name them, with a ton of posts and a Gunzoo linked Nova in their signature pops up on my nova searches (I think) giving me discussions way outside the boundaries of what I'm looking for...

Anyway, I was wondering what a good price range would be for a lightly used Nova (by lightly used I mean less than 10 shots - maybe none - that was originally donated to Ducks Unlimited and then returned to the same shop by the winner to be used in a trade-up)? The place is only selling it for $40 less than Bud's price for a new one (in-store tax and a locl FFL fee cancel each other out). That doesn't seem like a good enough discount if, as the second owner, I wouldn't be eligible for the warranty. But if the price was $225 would it be within a valid price range?

Anyway, I don't want to low ball the guy but I want to get an acceptable price. So I'm hoping someone can give me a good price range to stay within. Uh...it's the field model in black synthetic with a 28" barrel. I called Benelli and can get the tactical barrel to use on it as it's plug and play. Ooh, and my virgin shoulder is asking me to get Benelli's mercury recoil insert, which the M2 uses and that is usable in the Nova stock..

Thanks,

Medicius

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I bought my used nova for $350. It had more than 10 rounds on it but less than 500. Anything under $350 delivered is a deal on a used one. Those ducks unlimited guns are sought after by some circles do that maybe the limiting factor in your price discount negotiations. If you get that 28" gun I have a spare like new 24" barrel that I am planning to sell. Let me know if you are interested.

Patrick Palmer

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick feedback. I'm heading out to the shop on Thursday to pick up my DPMS Oracle so I'll see if I can't get that Nova too. Is the theory on pricing like that for all quality guns? Where my concern about the warranty ineligibility not really being a factor?

Jesse, what am I looking at for pricing on the 24" barrel and what sight is on it? I assume it's the standard FO that comes on the 28" but I thought I'd ask since the tactical barrel has the metal one that goes with the tactical rear. Also, is the barrel black, chrome, or camo (not that it matters really, just a curiosity)?

Thanks!

Medicius

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You don't want the tactical barrels. They are rifle sights or ghost ring. They will work but they are not optimal for 3 gun.

The barrel I have is missing the mid bead and it has the factory bead up front. I am going to ask $225 shipped. I have a few odd ball chokes I am going to throw in with it.

No need to worry about warranty. Benelli will take care of somethign if it breaks which is unlikely.

Patrick Palmer

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, if you're still selling it in 3 weeks I'll buy it from you. We'll need to discuss shipping. Does it need to go to an FFL or is that only required for the receiver piece? And how you'd like the payment sent. We can PM that info, just let me know.

Here's the Nova, Specifically the part where DU is stamped into it. Sorry for the poor quality, it's an iPhone photo in a darker shop. I talked with the shop owner and he said he's into it for $280 and would be willing to sell it to me for $310. So, I pick that and the DPMS Oracle (and case, ammo, sights, etc) on Friday. I'm pretty darned excited.

IMG_01331.jpg

Other than the DU stamp or engraving or whatever, it's pretty clean. I noticed some wear on the end of the magazine tube before the cap, but I assume I'll be putting more there myself...everything else seems very clean.

Medicius

Latest posts