Upgrade Stuff

Alton7

New Fanatic
I'm an avid firearms enthusiast and a Firearms Instructor certified by the NRA and DOJ. In 2011 I saw a photo of the original 1911 pistol chambered in .45 ACP designed by John Moses Browning. which commemorated 100 years of the original gov't model. I purchased my Rock Island Armory FS Tactical model in 2011 for $550. After running over 4000 rounds through it, I would say that it is the most accurate handgun I've ever owned to date. since then I've installed over $250 of custom aftermarket accessories (mostly Wilson Combat), to include a set of custom grips by DURAGRIPS. When stored inside its display box I love showing it off', calling it "The Black Dragon". So I thought I would join the 1911 Fanatics family just so that others could see how a so-called low budget entry level 1911 into not only an expensive looking pistol, but also a real beauty. A polished feed ramp and basic trigger job made it an even more reliable gun. I love it!

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome! I had a RIA, great gun for the $.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm an avid firearms enthusiast and a Firearms Instructor certified by the NRA and DOJ. In 2011 I saw a photo of the original 1911 pistol chambered in .45 ACP designed by John Moses Browning. which commemorated 100 years of the original gov't model. I purchased my Rock Island Armory FS Tactical model in 2011 for $550. After running over 4000 rounds through it, I would say that it is the most accurate handgun I've ever owned to date. since then I've installed over $250 of custom aftermarket accessories (mostly Wilson Combat), to include a set of custom grips by DURAGRIPS. When stored inside its display box I love showing it off', calling it "The Black Dragon". So I thought I would join the 1911 Fanatics family just so that others could see how a so-called low budget entry level 1911 into not only an expensive looking pistol, but also a real beauty. A polished feed ramp and basic trigger job made it an even more reliable gun. I love it!
Welcome and while that's all great, how do we know you turned it into a real beauty without pics? Come on, man!! Post some pics

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation